But Seriously, why is this pot steaming?

TheEldritchGod

329987332_ScreenShot2019-10-26at7_20_15AM.thumb.png.fb331bc59f742be9c29aa20cc4125129.png

So, yeah... Playing in survival mode, checking out the new map and... this pot steams. You can't see it during the day or night, but you can in the half light. It just... steams. On the wall. It never stops. I thought it was my breath for a second, but nope. Doesn't matter what angle I'm at. it just... smolders.

Please explain this WTF?

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

So, y'know how you usually carry a pot around with you in your inventory?

Y'know how you mostly live on a high protein diet?

Y'know how every toilet is clean enough to drink out of?

Well, this pot is a steamer, because, well...

...so yeah, enjoy your next meal out of that one.

I could also ask the question,

"But Seriously, why is there a sizzle when I put a piece of meat on an unlit stove?"

or

"But Seriously, why is that stick/arrow floating in mid-air?"

The answer is that some there is a bit of code which links an action to another action and there are instances when it shouldn't apply.

The solution is for Hinterland to employ 5 times as many people and check every minor aspect of the code more carefully.  Then Hinterland would go bust and we wouldn't have any further development of TLD.  Alternatively, we could just say, "Why get excited about it?", and carry on enjoying the game.

Edited by peteloud
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2019 at 9:33 AM, KinoUnko said:

Auroras must be pretty localized and probably limited to higher latitudes. the one that hit McKenzie took out all the electronics on the island. The airliner probably didn't take off from somewhere further south of the island until several hours before it crashed on the island. So presumeably much of the world isn't affected by the Auroras like the island.

Aurora Borealis!

At this time of year,
at this time of day,
in this part of the country,
localized entirely within your kitchen.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...