Hopeless rescue after crossroads elegy.

Skelegutplays

There is a very simple route up towards TWM now. There a burned cabin near Draftdodger's Cabin (and the river intersection) with a straight path up towards Burned Ridge Cave. I always took a similar shortcut, but it required climbing a bit over the rocks up there. That path is now blocked.

It really all depends on which entry point/starting point is being used for PV.

Coming from the mine, following the road past the derelict cabins and crossing the bridge near Misty Cave would make the most sense.

From the farmhouse or any of the other entrances? Follow the river near the farmhouse in the direction of Draft Dodgers. Once you cross to the other side, you should see the burned out hut, then can head up the new path to Burned Ridge Cave, and a quick jog to TWM.

I personally go Carter Dam --> Signal Hill --> Farmstead --> Prepper Cache. I always got lost between the Farmstead and the Prepper Cache but the new shortcut @Serenity mentioned will make this section of the route much easier. Not to mention being able to stop at Draft Dodgers, Burned Ridge Cave, the plane and Skeeters for loot fairly easily.

6 hours ago, Martin Prchal said:

Not to mention being able to stop at Draft Dodgers, Burned Ridge Cave, the plane and Skeeters for loot fairly easily.

You could do that before. Before the update you could go west from Draftdodger's and when you hit the regular road go sharp right up the hill (instead of following the road to hit the edge of the map where there may be wolves and a bear). At the top climb over some rocks and you were at Burned Ridge Cave. It was never necessary to go the long way around. They really just made that route official.

• 3 weeks later...

The biggest change after Crossroads Elegy is the fact that you can grab the flare gun at the crash sight now. So you can literally skip the mountain. I know it's an exploit, but it's in the game at the moment. I have a pretty respectable 15 hour 31 minutes doing it the normal way, but since Episode 3's crash sight has been added to Pleasant Valley, 10 hour 48 minutes is my fastest...and probably going to shave some time from that too. 

Hopeless Rescue 10HR48M.png

• Like 1

I had been wondering about this too and finally checked it out. Right after the update, you could not go through the crash site because you could not enter the plane when coming from this side. However, it has been changed and a ramp has been added....so ...there is a route through the crash site now towards the rope going up TWM. 

Edited by Lohaan
Grammar