Depletion of loot in episode 3.

Lesno

I am stuck. I need kerosene. Is it possible that I've depleted the maps resources before I have finished the episode? Im at day 10 or so, hardest difficulty, I feel that I have doublechecked the map. I did use a lot of it before i knew I was gonna need it for the questline. Any tips?

Edited by Lesno

18 minutes ago, Lesno said:

I am stuck. I need kerosene. Is it possible that I've depleted the maps resources before I have finished the episode? Im at day 10 or so, hardest difficulty, I feel that I have doublechecked the map. I did use a lot of it before i knew I was gonna need it for the questline. Any tips?

Unsure exactly what the loot distribution is for the hardest difficulty, but for the middle difficulty... I recall finding jerry cans in the prepper's cache, I think in the farmstead barn, and in at least 1 of the joplin caches. Plus, there's a crapton of individual bottles of lantern fuel scattered around.

Plus, if you're desperate for the fuel, you can always go fishing at the pond. Fish == fuel.

• Upvote 1

You probably didn't look everywhere. Using up all the lamp fuel would be very hard. What do you need that much fuel for? There is far more than you need available. And they aren't in obscure locations. There are multiple jerry cans and small containers.

Doing the bunker side quests gives you one or two cans. Another one is that new burned out hut near Draftdodger's Cabin

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Serenity said:

You probably didn't look everywhere. Using up all the lamp fuel would be very hard. What do you need that much fuel for? There is far more than you need available. And they aren't in obscure locations. There are multiple jerry cans and small containers.

Doing the bunker side quests gives you one or two cans. Another one is that new burned out hut near Draftdodger's Cabin

Were you playing on the hardest difficulty?

On 10/26/2019 at 7:39 PM, RegentRelic said:

That is called trying to catch the legendary bass. I had nearly a hundred hundred other fish when I finally caught it after four days of pretty Mitch non stop fishing.

I guess I got lucky! On highest difficulty, he took the bait within my first hour of fishing. I only caught one other before he jumped on. 

I recall at least three Jerry cans, a couple in bunkers, don't forget you can harvest lanterns if you have a jerry can in inventory too. I did quite a bit of scavanging and fishing and ran into a couple towards the end of the side quests. I had none then suddenly too much.

19 hours ago, Muestereate said:

don't forget you can harvest lanterns if you have a jerry can in inventory too. 

You don’t need to have a jerry can to harvest fuel from a lantern. 
If you harvest a lantern, you get scrap metal and a small fuel (lantern oil) container. 

-t