Astrid Cosplay Contest

Admin

Enter our Astrid cosplay contest!  

Astrid is a doctor who’s compelled to help survivors in Episode 3: Crossroads Elegy in The Long Dark as she looks for Mackenzie. Reply to this post with an image of your best Astrid cosplay to participate for a chance to win the grand prize! 

Astrid_Scarf_injury_2018.thumb.jpg.450cae2b1a2672074e0ac010f278df86.jpg _Astrid_blockIn_No_coat.thumb.jpg.d413a35882863fc60f2c0a908f6b6352.jpg Astrid_blockIn_2018_back.thumb.jpg.d5c1b63883499ed83c6d0cdb86e22e40.jpg Astrid_blockIn_2018_hat.thumb.jpg.26bacd3f8b63c5919c3625a6db1012cf.jpg Astrid_blockIn_full.thumb.jpg.e7d400b6f9b20827520cae2bfc6fb2ee.jpg

We’ll be judging based on effort and creativity.

1 Grand Prize Winner will win:

• Choice of PlayStation 4 Pro or Xbox One X.
  • The Long Dark hoodie
  • Episode 3: Crossroads Elegy poster

4 runners up will also receive

• The Long Dark hoodie
  • Episode 3: Crossroads Elegy poster

Contest Rules & Legal

1. Only one entry per person.
  2. No purchase necessary.
  3. Contest is open until Nov 4th, 2019 at 11:59PM PT
  4. Must be 13 years of age or older to win.
  5. Only open to residents of Canada and the United States.
  6. We reserve the right to share any submissions on our social media accounts. 
  7. Please include any info you'd like us to use so we can tag you on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.
  8. Rules subject to change.

RELEASE:

By participating in the Competition, entrants agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold Hinterland Studio, and their respective affiliates and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents (collectively, “Releasees”) harmless from any and all claims, injuries, liabilities, damages, expenses, costs or losses to person or property and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in the Competition or acceptance or use of a prize or parts thereof, including without limitation (i) any condition that may cause the Competition to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential, or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of any prize, or acceptance, possession, use, misuse or inability for use of any prize, or from participation in the Competition or any Competition-related activity; and (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Competition.

• Like 3

• Hinterland

Before anyone asks -- we're limited to accepting submissions from Canada and the US, based on contest rules and legal stuff. We unfortunately can't issue prizes to EU countries, or probably anywhere else either. Since we aren't a huge company with a massive legal department, we can't vet every single country for their contest rules, so limiting this to US and Canada is the safest thing for us. This by no means suggests we don't love our fans from all over the world! If we could open this to our worldwide audience, we would. Thank you for your understanding. 

• Like 2

Just now, RegentRelic said:

I would win this if was a lady.

What's stopping you from trying? :D

Not gonna lie, I was thinking the same thing as you, lol. Someone's already done the best Will cosplay. I'm excited to see if people will incorporate the painterly artstyle again with her. 

• Hinterland
33 minutes ago, RegentRelic said:

I could pull off a pretty good Manthis though. I have the exact coat and the rugged good looks, less exact though. I can get the orange jump suit easy enough.

Sounds like we need to do a follow-up cosplay contest after the Astrid one is complete -- any character from Episode One to Three. :) 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 3

Лол. Конкурсы только для избранных, цены только для достойных, эпизод 3 для тех ,фиг знает для кого, в основном ни укого не работает....

Guest jeffpeng
4 hours ago, RegentRelic said:

I would win this if was a lady.

I would win this if I wasn't European. Despite being a guy. For sure. :D

55 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:
14 hours ago, LkP said:

Just add a string to your cane

@ThePancakeLady
LkP beat me too it!

Lol! Nice try, but... I am not bending the thing I need to help keep me upright, and balanced on my feet, just to dress up for a contest. 

Plus, I am very private, at least with my PII, and my actual facial images, thanks to deepfakes and facial recognition SW on the rise. I like my privacy, and don't particularly care to allow use of any recognizable photos m of myself by anyone, not even Hinterland, who I will support in any other way I can. I rarely ever put my own image online for any reason, and tend to delete it shortly thereafter.  I am mouthy, opinionated, and outspoken, but private at the same time, and protect my personal and online identity and privacy fiercely. Had enough trouble over the decades due to serious data-breeches *ahem *Fakebook data-breeches*ahem*. Nothing personal, but very few people who I did not have a business relationship with know the former name & address of my company, or know the name or legal address of my home-based business now. And if I don;t know you well, I don;t want you to know who or where I am, what I look like, r or what the addresses of my primary and secondary residences are.

I'll still pass, for those reasons. Even though I was trying to make light of my reasons before. Because i do believe I could actually pull these looks off, relatively easily.

38 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

Fair enough, I didn't mean to imply anything... :coffee::fire::coffee:

I know you didn't. you were just having fun, as was LkP. Just making my reasons clear, so they are actually understood. Sick as a dog today, and a little on edge. 

My apologies if I seemed too gruff. 🥞?

Edited by ThePancakeLady