v.192 blood and tracks disappeared while tracking after shot

jason_scheiner

I just shot a bear once, then started chasing it. There was a blood trail and I could see the bear tracks very easily, and was following them with no trouble. Then, after a couple of minutes of chasing... they vanished. Just gone.

I followed my footsteps backwards to see if I'd just lost the trail, but nope. Footsteps of mine that once overlapped with the blood trail showed no sign of blood or bear tracks.

I don't know if the bear itself disappeared, because I'd just lost sight of it over some hills, and I wasn't able to find its corpse.

Edit: Looks like this is the same issue that's happening with wolves: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=3052

Me too. Seem like this is a bug, and it happen when the bear is too far from its spawn. So if you dont find it that time. Try go back and find it in the place that you shoot it and the last place that you last see it, look around there, it usually just ahead of last time where it went. I found my bear just near that place.

It seem to disappeared right after it die, a bug need to be fixed. My experiment is follow right after it and dont lose sight of your foe, if the blood line disappeared while tracking then follow the last direction that it went to, look around there, always find my rewards.

While I was testing this, I noticed that the wolf ran pretty far away from the spot that I had shot it from originally, this could be part of the reason why you lost track of it. Also even a little wind will cause the trail to disappear eventually. While i was tracking it it disappeared right before me. i eventually caught up to the more fresh part of the trail and was able to find the wolf again. They do run pretty fast especially when injured and fleeing.

Hopefully this helps. Maybe take a video for me to show exactly whats happening maybe I interpreted this wrong? But I believe that what is happening is by design.

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy, you decribed exractly. When the wolf die, most of the blood trail that far away disappear, only a mall part is still there near the wolf. So most of the time i hunt wolf that i miss the headshot i have to follow it very far because it is very fast, but when it dead, most of the blood trail that behind is gone so i lost track of it, i always have to search the whole area ahead to find it, many time cant find it because the blood trail just gone in the blink of the eyes.

So can i suggest make the blood trail slowly fade over time, or make the blood trail have a limited legth(if you understand what i mean, that blood trail gone 1 drop at a time as the animal run far away), or it have a limited time staying in ground. Of course if these are blizzard then all will be lost.

P/s: Please fix this, i lost many foe because i cant find it.

I believe that what is happening is by design.

Jeremy

This is really an annoying issue. I couldnt follow a wolf once and so now they are just anywhere, not to be found, not repopulating as well.

Pls focus a few hours on the bloodtrail story, I#ll be wondered if you experience something else.

Archived