Finished the Episode 3

Black_Bird

Spoilers alert :) 

So I finished the Episode 3 and I wanted to share my honest opion of it. (Sorry for my English I'm French) 

My first impression of the episode 3 on the first day was pretty bad to be honest. I didn't liked the walking simulator from the town to the plane then from the plane to the town while having 50kg of materials and a human body on my shoulder and with all that being attacked by 3 wolves... So I stopped playing the tuesday pretty fast. The next day I started all over from the begining with the idea that I should try to not focus on some realistic issues but only enjoy the story and the world. 

So the next day I did realy enjoyed the Episode 3 for thoses reasons

-The music is breathtaking as always, 

-The idea of the white wolves and the music with it is realy nice and I realy love it (even if it did scared me a lot) 

-The story and astrid caracter is great (she wants to help people as a doctor even if as molly said she is not one of the "useful" doctors ;) ) 

-Pleasant valley  is beautiful.  

-The different legends of the region to give us some loots was a great idea, 

-The different PNJ realy looked like they were alive and doing something (in oposition to jeremiah and grey mother) 

-The last puzzle game in the mine with the fuze was realy great. 

But there is still some things that I would have prefer or change:

-Even if the white wolves were a great idea, I think it should have been more of an special event that happens like 3 or 4 times in the episode with a huge number of 4/5 wolves and the rest of the time we would only get some normal wolves. It would have creat an even more stressful situation when you ear the 3 first note of the music associated with the wolf and that you have a survivor on your shoulder. 

-The main story is quiet short, I mean there is not that much of content in the episode 3 (only my opinion not that much but there is still a bunch to do)

-It looks a lot like a walking simulator. I think that I spend to much time walking in this episode and once again "only my opinion" 

-I would have liked a side quest to get the bow or the riffle not just finding a riffle in the small cabin in the town that maybe some people didn't looked in it 

-It would have been great to not just have some small flash back of the event of milton but maybe a small action cinematic fighting against the prisonners. 

I think that's it, there is still a lot to say but even with those small cons, I realy enjoyed my experience of episode 3 and I'm looking forward for the episode 4 and 5 :) (Hope we will play will) 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Yavind said:

So I just finished Episode 3. Nothing beats episode 1. :) I agree with you, its too much walking in story mode. 

I started playing The Long Dark by the story mode so the episode 1 was cleary the best experience I had in the game. The cinematic between the episode 1 and 2 was an amazing moments of my gaming life ;) 

22 hours ago, Black_Bird said:

Spoilers alert :) 

So I finished the Episode 3 and I wanted to share my honest opion of it. (Sorry for my English I'm French) 

My first impression of the episode 3 on the first day was pretty bad to be honest. I didn't liked the walking simulator from the town to the plane then from the plane to the town while having 50kg of materials and a human body on my shoulder and with all that being attacked by 3 wolves... So I stopped playing the tuesday pretty fast. The next day I started all over from the begining with the idea that I should try to not focus on some realistic issues but only enjoy the story and the world. 

So the next day I did realy enjoyed the Episode 3 for thoses reasons

-The music is breathtaking as always, 

-The idea of the white wolves and the music with it is realy nice and I realy love it (even if it did scared me a lot) 

-The story and astrid caracter is great (she wants to help people as a doctor even if as molly said she is not one of the "useful" doctors ;) ) 

-Pleasant valley  is beautiful.  

-The different legends of the region to give us some loots was a great idea, 

-The different PNJ realy looked like they were alive and doing something (in oposition to jeremiah and grey mother) 

-The last puzzle game in the mine with the fuze was realy great. 

But there is still some things that I would have prefer or change:

-Even if the white wolves were a great idea, I think it should have been more of an special event that happens like 3 or 4 times in the episode with a huge number of 4/5 wolves and the rest of the time we would only get some normal wolves. It would have creat an even more stressful situation when you ear the 3 first note of the music associated with the wolf and that you have a survivor on your shoulder. 

-The main story is quiet short, I mean there is not that much of content in the episode 3 (only my opinion not that much but there is still a bunch to do)

-It looks a lot like a walking simulator. I think that I spend to much time walking in this episode and once again "only my opinion" 

-I would have liked a side quest to get the bow or the riffle not just finding a riffle in the small cabin in the town that maybe some people didn't looked in it 

-It would have been great to not just have some small flash back of the event of milton but maybe a small action cinematic fighting against the prisonners. 

I think that's it, there is still a lot to say but even with those small cons, I realy enjoyed my experience of episode 3 and I'm looking forward for the episode 4 and 5 :) (Hope we will play will) 

+1