Ep. 3 Wolves are nasty

I am playing Ep.3 at the most difficult level, and at the moment finding those wolves too difficult☹️

I have reached a point in the story where I have been killed by the wolves four or five times.  They are very different to the wolves I experience Survival Stalker level.   In Survival a pack of wolves attack one after the other with predictable behaviour.  I am not finding that in Ep. 3.    In Ep.3 the attack behaviour of wolves is unpredictable and the attack is not sequential.  They come at you from all sides and more than one at a time.  I suspect that is more like the real behaviour of a pack of wolves.  They don't give me time to look around, aim my revolver and shoot them, and trying to re-load my revolver is sure to lead to my death.

It might be that it just takes me a while to learn how they behave and to adopt a better defence strategy, but for the moment they find me easy meat.

I have to say that it will be hard for the console player to do this part of the episode 3 I think ;) 

To help you, I think the best way on a long term to get rid of those type of wolves is to use the revolver or in last choice the riffle/bow. Your goal is to take only one wolf as a target. When he is close to you or running towards you : shoot it in the head. It should be enough to kill him, if it isnt try to shoot an other bullet on him or an other wolf and they will probably run away. 

11 hours ago, peteloud said:

I am playing Ep.3 at the most difficult level, and at the moment finding those wolves too difficult☹️

I have reached a point in the story where I have been killed by the wolves four or five times.  They are very different to the wolves I experience Survival Stalker level.   In Survival a pack of wolves attack one after the other with predictable behaviour.  I am not finding that in Ep. 3.    In Ep.3 the attack behaviour of wolves is unpredictable and the attack is not sequential.  They come at you from all sides and more than one at a time.  I suspect that is more like the real behaviour of a pack of wolves.  They don't give me time to look around, aim my revolver and shoot them, and trying to re-load my revolver is sure to lead to my death.

It might be that it just takes me a while to learn how they behave and to adopt a better defence strategy, but for the moment they find me easy meat.

You don't even have to hit them with the revolver to scare them, if you are really in a pinch and have a few bullets to spare, whizzing them in their general direction works just fine. I don't know how many more bullets it'd take since pack moral is proportionate to how many are there but it still does substantial damage. 

I eventually I got past that first wolfpack.   There was one action that made it much easier.    Since then I have been attacked a few more times and once more died. In other attacks I was more proficient with my revolver,  but it was not easy.  Now I am out of ammunition and have only one arrow.  I don't know how I will survive the next wolfpack attack.

I am now regretting playing at the most difficult level.  I takes the relaxtion aspect out of the game.