piddy3825

tld.exe not working?

Anybody besides me having issues getting the game to launch?  I am launching via Steam if that makes a difference.  But my symptoms are that in midst of loading, I get a error notice that tld.exe is not responding.  any word on whats up with that?

Same issue though I've had it at loading screen, during game play. Doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason why I'm getting the error. Also a Steam player on Win7.

Edited by raginvald

56 minutes ago, raginvald said:

Same issue though I've had it at loading screen, during game play. Doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason why I'm getting the error. Also a Steam player on Win7.

and only just started happening since the new update?  ditto on the win 7

Edited by piddy3825
added commentary

No reaction. Apparently themselves are to blame that on 7 sit. Very it's a shame, so much waited and in a result such a bullshit. I can't even play my favorite survival game anymore. The time capsule doesn't work either. But I still believe things will get better.

6 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

and only just started happening since the new update?  ditto on the win 7

Correct. Played this weekend with no issues. To be specific,  it has happened during loading screen and any actions that either involve a transition such as going into a building or when doing an activity such as crafting/harvesting.

6 hours ago, raginvald said:

Correct. Played this weekend with no issues. To be specific,  it has happened during loading screen and any actions that either involve a transition such as going into a building or when doing an activity such as crafting/harvesting.

6 hours ago, k0s0ff said:

No reaction. Apparently themselves are to blame that on 7 sit. Very it's a shame, so much waited and in a result such a bullshit. I can't even play my favorite survival game anymore. The time capsule doesn't work either. But I still believe things will get better.

so are we on the correct forum to get help from Hinterland or do we need to repost this issue on another thread.  cant imagine there's only three people getting this error while attempting to play?  @Admin?

13 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

so are we on the correct forum to get help from Hinterland or do we need to repost this issue on another thread.  cant imagine there's only three people getting this error while attempting to play?  @Admin?

There are a few others. But I don't know if they can join us on this topic.

I think they're probably working on a solution. But I'm still wondering how extensive the problem is. Maybe somewhere else to post this problem?

And we all need as much detail as possible to describe the problem. We need information about the error. And write in potderzhku.

Edited by k0s0ff

I don't know how it works. But it helped. Delete the two files.

Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Plugins\lib_burst_generated.dll and  Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Plugins\lib_burst_generated.txt

Developers, you have a huge minus in karma for such a setup.

• Upvote 1

@k0s0ff, you're hired!

did just that and BAM! game launches and no more crashes...  how did you figure this out?  Thank's man!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

did just that and BAM! game launches and no more crashes...  how did you figure this out?  Thank's man!

Found on the Internet.

• Upvote 1

I am so happy to find this thread. The workaround works like a charm. It got a little bit frustrating to get more and more crashes and sometimes very frequently. Thank you k0s0ff for making the solution available here.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, talia343 said:

I am having this issue too.

I hope you've tried the "fix" since reading these thread.   as previously mentioned: 

I don't know how it works. But it helped. Delete the two files.

Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Plugins\lib_burst_generated.dll and  Steam\steamapps\common\TheLongDark\tld_Data\Plugins\lib_burst_generated.txt

I did create a backup file just in case, but it wasn't necessary.  hope it works for you too.

• Like 1

I didn't want to respond too quickly with "It's FIXED", and then jinx myself, because when it first stopped working, it would play for me, for a tiny bit and then quit.  But, ITS WORKING!!!  HORRAY!!!   Thank you for telling us all how to fix it.

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the tips. Played three hours last night with no issues. So either that was the fix or the update I got before playing also had a fix. :)

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, raginvald said:

Thanks for the tips. Played three hours last night with no issues. So either that was the fix or the update I got before playing also had a fix. :)

Maybe there were different issues and one got fixed by the update. I still had the issue after the update because the files got updated too and they appeared again. I was i need to delete them again. Let's hope HL will be able to figure out a longtherm fix working for everyone at some point.

Edited by diosmio123