(spoilers) My honest opinion of episode three

peepercreeper

So when i first started playing this episode it looked great and id had my hopes up, but i feel like it was too short with the only main objectives being gathering survivors and resources, although it was interesting i feel like there a lack of variety within the episode, don't get me wrong i live it but i feel like ive been a little too over hyped, what id like to see from episode 4 and 5 is twice the size and length with a wider variety of objectives and tasks i dont want to be asking for too much but its what would truly make a flawless episode, but other than the small size of episode three it was the experience episode one and two never accomplished.

i loved it, oh and i also killed that bear that was near the farthest of the three survivors 

Edited by peepercreeper
yeet

I totally agree. Of course there're many graphical and mechanical improvements were added and ambience was devastating enough to put me in depression but in the end, I just carried a bunch of survivors and gathered resources and the end. Many of these improvements are not directly related with the story mode and they could be a part of the survival mode (I'm not saying they should be, just they are not part of story). 

I've enjoyed ep.3 more than ep.1 and ep.2, it was definitely more emotion-triggering but I was just expecting a longer story.

I totally agree with the OP. The actual story seemed to me to be a little thin. It started strong. The first 30 minutes of gameplay were the most intense part of the whole episode, and I was expecting to continue so, only to find out that after Astrid gets to community hall, she doesn't even mention Mackenzie, the aurora or Molly to the father Tom. I was expecting to learn more about what happened in Milton, what happened to Astrid's kid or even what's in the case. And even the notes/letters seemed to be incomplete/short.