On Molly (SPOILERS)

GothSkunk

I would say that it's clear Astride wasn't found directly on the other side of the tunnel because we no what that area looks like exhibit A. Molly probably went a way through the hills that the player cannot and found Astride some where here exhibit B. Now that is pretty far for Molly to go hunting but, I am going to assume that hinterland is going make a region north of mystery lake. This is one of two spots that make the most sense for the entrants, exhibit C. I am pretty sure that hinterland will want us to have a moment of recognition and ah ha moment if you will, when entering this new region for the first time. It is also possible to be near the other entrants in exhibit C both places serve no real function as of yet so I think they have future plans. I guess the first place is where you land if you fall out of the world in episode two but, that could be anywhere. Also Molly only says she was out hunting, we have been assuming she means deer yet, we see here handy work all across the valley.

ATheLongDark 3_31_2020 5_47_03 PM.png\

BInked458214269_frankensteinmap.thumb.JPG.33a44299c62bcacfe29865e22cc8f065_LI.jpg.0376d7a8881bc33aeb7a6b9fa0e04468.jpg

CInkeddownload_LI.thumb.jpg.7808104514a97f563b26e84921f358d1.jpg

3 hours ago, RegentRelic said:

I am going to assume that hinterland is going make a region north of mystery lake. This is one of two spots that make the most sense for the entrants, exhibit C. I am pretty sure that hinterland will want us to have a moment of recognition and ah ha moment if you will, when entering this new region for the first time. It is also possible to be near the other entrants in exhibit C both places serve no real function as of yet so I think they have future plans.

The map of Mystery Lake on the world map is rotated 90 degrees from what the regional map indicates.  The areas 1 and 2 you listed are at the top of the map when in regional view, but in world view they're actually to the east pointing towards Pleasant Valley.  But they could insert an area transition cave anywhere along the northern wall (on the left in regional view) between Trappers and the Clearcut.

I always knew it looked funny.

Okay then the back wall above the unnamed pond and log cut in the north east corner. I still think need to do something with those two areas. Mean area two does have that little cave but it's point less since carter is right there.

• 1 month later...

A few observations about Molly:

* The exploded rifle I assumed was the one her husband went outside with (what fool would go out unarmed) and it exploded, thus leaving him at the mercy of the wolves.

* There is an upstairs photo of the couple, with her husband's arm around her possessively & Molly looking veeery unhappy. That photo made me suspect abuse was a factor.

* The revolver being short a round implied to me she eventually scared the wolves away to bring in his body.

The character seemed very tragic to me.