(MINOR SPOILERS) never ending blizzard?

peepercreeper

It ended for me when I got back to crossroads after getting bored and slogging it up to signal hill.. So yeah, it ends... :)

"left my rifle somewhere".... pray god you never have to say this while on army exercise... NCO wrath is real.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lyttol said:

It ended for me when I got back to crossroads after getting bored and slogging it up to signal hill.. So yeah, it ends... :)

"left my rifle somewhere".... pray god you never have to say this while on army exercise... NCO wrath is real.

after how many days?

Having played Four Days Of Night, knowing that it's possible for Hinterland to program endless blizzards, AND that there is no mention in the journal about "waiting out the storm," I didn't want to take any chances either, and I slogged through the blizzard from the Thomson's Crossing to Signal Hill, stopping at one of the bunkers on the way to warm up.

But yeah, the blizzard did end after I got to Signal Hill. First it stopped long enough for the story to progress so that Astrid could use the radio during the Aurora, then it came back after a few hours and stayed for one more full day before finally subsiding the day after. I have no idea if it is scripted to last a certain number of days, or if it requires the story to progress in order to end.

5 hours ago, lyttol said:

Leaving your rifle is the equivalent of leaving your own two feet behind somewhere. lol. 

It seems to end for an aurora, then come back after that for I don't know how much longer since I left Pleasant Valley ASAP after using the radio. 

Having grown up in Maine, and experiencing blizzards that last for days and days in real life- and having been told by father Tom that blizzards in PV often last for days at a time: I simply went to the house next door, built a fire and waited.  Cleaned guns, sharpened blades, repaired stuff, and passed time. I was kind of surprised that it ended as soon as it did. I think it was about noon on the third day.

• 1 year later...

TLDR: It will go away, it'll just take forever.

I was going to wait out the blizzard until I gave up after 4 days of staying in a stocked cabin across from the church. I headed to the bunker nearest to the radio tower and spent a night in there. The next morning I headed out to the radio tower, but got a tad lost in the blizzard and ended up nearly freezing to death. After one more night in the bunker, the blizzard had subsided to a light snow. Overall, it took six days to pass.

• 2 weeks later...

I waited one day for blizzard to stop. Then I assumed that it won't stop and that it is final test of your survival skills and map knowledge, so I drank hot coffee and set for Signal Hill. I rested and restored warmth at barn, made another coffee and found the way to Signal Hill, though I had one encounter with wolfpack and had to make fire just covered by rocks to regain warmth.

The blizzard continued after Signal Hill scene. I had to fight two more wolfpacks. On the way back to church I made only one stop at fishing cabin. Normally you want to carry food and water for a mission, but for this part you want to have some wood with you - you don't want to pick up branches during blizzard. Plus coffee is great.

The blizzard went on even after sleeping for 8 hours at church, so I went to mines also in harsh weather. This time I met only one big group of wolves.