loving episode 3 so much!!

TheUnknown

I am having so much fun with episode 3. I was so excited for it that i did not sleep last night. I was sitting watching steam until that wonderful Update required poped up on the long dark. I have been playing all day and took my time. Took way more then 5 hours. I am playing episode 3 again now to ensure I see things i know for sure i missed. I do not see my self getting tired of playing epi 3. I hope that epi 4 and 5 are just as good if not better. I honestly see episode 3 alone as good as fallout new vegas and oblivion. Just a hair below skyrim godlyness. Hinterland have my babies!

Edit: Curses forgot something....-clears throat- I am commander astrid and this is my favorite episode on the citadel...couldnt resist. Mixture of 2 of the best games. ^.^

Edited by TheUnknown
  • Upvote 2

• Hinterland
6 hours ago, TheUnknown said:

I am having so much fun with episode 3. I was so excited for it that i did not sleep last night. I was sitting watching steam until that wonderful Update required poped up on the long dark. I have been playing all day and took my time. Took way more then 5 hours. I am playing episode 3 again now to ensure I see things i know for sure i missed. I do not see my self getting tired of playing epi 3. I hope that epi 4 and 5 are just as good if not better. I honestly see episode 3 alone as good as fallout new vegas and oblivion. Just a hair below skyrim godlyness. Hinterland have my babies!

Edit: Curses forgot something....-clears throat- I am commander astrid and this is my favorite episode on the citadel...couldnt resist. Mixture of 2 of the best games. ^.^

Can't have your babies, but very happy to hear you are enjoying Episode Three!

• Like 6

Here here!  Ep3 is such a worthy addition to this EPIC tale of the quiet apocalypse.  The game rewards veteran players on account of us already knowing the lay of the land for this zone.  At the same time there are some nice little differences to mix things up.

THANK YOU SO MUCH, Hinterland for really taking your time and doing it right the first time rather than rushing it out to publish 'on time'.

AWESOME!  :)

Thank you @Raphael van Lierop and all your team for the new episode! I love this game! Here is my review for the ep. 3

New game mechanics 😍😍😍

Timberwolves are great! Revolver is fun to use. Doctoring and NPC rescue missions are genius addition. But it feels like you can get a little more from doctoring stuff. Hard choices, diversified actions, time management... 

Level design 😗

PV rework is interesting. It is now my favorite place to play on survival mode. Nevertheless, I was secretly waiting for a new region... even if I knew it was not planned to come now...

Difficulty levels and game balancing 🤬🤬🤬

It was tooooo easy on the hardest mode. I played it 100% clothless / wild food only / no medicine. The weather and blind blizzard could be our epic nemesis in this ep., like THE Bear was it in the last one. I remember the idea of 'rope paths in the blizzard'... Way too easy.

Characters and dialogues😍😍😍😍

Astrid, Molly and Father Thomas are awesome! Great job. Best character set from the first three episodes so far!

Voice acting😍😍😍😍😍

Voice actors made an epic work! I love every second of it!

Plot🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

No major story advancement. No dramatic story lines / twists / auroralike enigmas. Molly's story is great. But why doesn't she go 'nuts' and we don't fight her (or escape) in an epic fashion? 

Side missions😍😍😍

Side quests are fun. Yeti and the 15 kg fish... man... I laughed so hard than finally caught it!

Ending😍

Intriguing ending. As always!

Progression vs emergence🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

The Predux daemons are back. The 'go bring food and wood or everything will die' is not fun. Only one choice in dialogues doesn’t help either. 

Aesthetics😍😍😍😍😍

I love this game! 5/5

Bugs😍😍😍😍

Your team made an excellent work! Only bug I notice are animals going through the textures. I was hunting a bear, came to the fisherman cabin, shot an arrow... routine... Imagine my surprise then the bear attacked me in the closed cabin...

Physics and performance😍😍😍😍😍

Great job! The game is better and better after every update. I can only imagine how much of an effort it takes to make the game deeper and faster.

Breadth of content😍

It took me 6 hours. It was satisfying and not too long.

Music and sound effects😍😍😍😍😍

Awesome!

Intro sound track😗

You put the standards so high before. I was expecting for a new soundtrack / new epic intro movie... The old one is great anyway.

Expectations and overall😍😍

The redux ep2. was a masterpiece. ep3 is good. I loved it. Thank you again!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

I have loved Wintermute so much in general and replayed it several times just because I enjoy it.  The timberwolves are irritating but I understand why they are they way they are.  I just wish they would have a little more intelligence like the wolves Mackinzie encountered.  I've watched them kill prey and then walk away which struck me as an extremely un-predator-like thing to do and sometimes, they forget they are hunting something leaving me in the encounter music/mode.  I do enjoy the fact that they left Molly's story open so you can draw your own conclusions which is a lot more interesting than having it handed to you.  I can't wait for more of the story to come out.

On 10/25/2019 at 8:34 PM, Brulreursdeloups said:

Thank you @Raphael van Lierop and all your team for the new episode! I love this game! Here is my review for the ep. 3

New game mechanics 😍😍😍

Timberwolves are great! Revolver is fun to use. Doctoring and NPC rescue missions are genius addition. But it feels like you can get a little more from doctoring stuff. Hard choices, diversified actions, time management... 

Level design 😗

PV rework is interesting. It is now my favorite place to play on survival mode. Nevertheless, I was secretly waiting for a new region... even if I knew it was not planned to come now...

Difficulty levels and game balancing 🤬🤬🤬

It was tooooo easy on the hardest mode. I played it 100% clothless / wild food only / no medicine. The weather and blind blizzard could be our epic nemesis in this ep., like THE Bear was it in the last one. I remember the idea of 'rope paths in the blizzard'... Way too easy.

Characters and dialogues😍😍😍😍

Astrid, Molly and Father Thomas are awesome! Great job. Best character set from the first three episodes so far!

Voice acting😍😍😍😍😍

Voice actors made an epic work! I love every second of it!

Plot🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

No major story advancement. No dramatic story lines / twists / auroralike enigmas. Molly's story is great. But why doesn't she go 'nuts' and we don't fight her (or escape) in an epic fashion? 

Side missions😍😍😍

Side quests are fun. Yeti and the 15 kg fish... man... I laughed so hard than finally caught it!

Ending😍

Intriguing ending. As always!

Progression vs emergence🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

The Predux daemons are back. The 'go bring food and wood or everything will die' is not fun. Only one choice in dialogues doesn’t help either. 

Aesthetics😍😍😍😍😍

I love this game! 5/5

Bugs😍😍😍😍

Your team made an excellent work! Only bug I notice are animals going through the textures. I was hunting a bear, came to the fisherman cabin, shot an arrow... routine... Imagine my surprise then the bear attacked me in the closed cabin...

Physics and performance😍😍😍😍😍

Great job! The game is better and better after every update. I can only imagine how much of an effort it takes to make the game deeper and faster.

Breadth of content😍

It took me 6 hours. It was satisfying and not too long.

Music and sound effects😍😍😍😍😍

Awesome!

Intro sound track😗

You put the standards so high before. I was expecting for a new soundtrack / new epic intro movie... The old one is great anyway.

Expectations and overall😍😍

The redux ep2. was a masterpiece. ep3 is good. I loved it. Thank you again!

Agree Episode 3 was amazing, especially Molly. She's powerful, independent, lonely, and sad all at the same time. Great work guys!

All of the above! Ep. 3 proves that Hinterland gets better and better with each new Episode. The rescuing mechanic was so fun and challenging. I was badly wound and a blizzard was coming and I had to stow my survivor in a cave while a made short runs for wood to keep us warm and keep her hydrated. It was a long night! It also was a great length, I though "surely as soon as I hit the mine it's over" Then the whole elevator bit! So intense!

Then the chills I got when I saw Coastal Highway, and the orcas frozen....gah! You guys rock. Cannot wait to see what's next.