Crossroads Elegy : Survival Mode : Lost & Found - Where?

vidholf

Where does the Lost & Found box spawn in Pleasant Valley?

I have an ongoing Stalker game where I'm in Pleasant Valley, camped in the barn-with-the-fire-barrel at Three Strikes Farmstead. Before the game updates to Crossroads Elegy, I was in the midst of cooking deer steaks, and had some packaged food lying in the snow inside the back room of the barn. All of that is gone. I had no food on my person. So the food stores I had planned to have - upon waking up in the middle of the night, to continue cooking - are gone.

I've looked in the barn and around the barn, as well as in and around the other two buildings at Three Strikes Farmstead. I'm not finding a Lost & Found box.

I can strike out from where I am now, and hope to find food that I left back at the farmstead, or maybe scrounge for cattails not yet harvested. But I would much rather head straight for wherever the Lost & Found box is.

I'm posting this in the Forums, rather than submitting a bug report to Support, because I'm guessing I just need a pointer on where to find it. If this is actually a bug - e.g. "it should be within 10 feet of you" - then I'll submit a bug report.

I rejoined (after update) in the PV farmhouse - I had 4 red lost and found boxes there ... cellar, hallway, outside front porch, upstairs bedroom.

The loot they contained was mostly correct - only the uncooked bear, moose, deer, and wolf meats were missing (all 250kg+ of it) however the 100kg+ of cooked meats were in the red box on the front porch (together with 50-ish cattail heads and about the same number of sticks, that appeared from nowhere).

I also lost 17 days from the run's total - I had saved and exited at day 473 about 2 weeks before the update, and was at day 457 when I logged in after the update.  I had hoped to finally hit day 500 this week exploring the revised PV map.

2 hours ago, vidholf said:

Where does the Lost & Found box spawn in Pleasant Valley?

I have an ongoing Stalker game where I'm in Pleasant Valley, camped in the barn-with-the-fire-barrel at Three Strikes Farmstead. Before the game updates to Crossroads Elegy, I was in the midst of cooking deer steaks, and had some packaged food lying in the snow inside the back room of the barn. All of that is gone. I had no food on my person. So the food stores I had planned to have - upon waking up in the middle of the night, to continue cooking - are gone.

I've looked in the barn and around the barn, as well as in and around the other two buildings at Three Strikes Farmstead. I'm not finding a Lost & Found box.

I can strike out from where I am now, and hope to find food that I left back at the farmstead, or maybe scrounge for cattails not yet harvested. But I would much rather head straight for wherever the Lost & Found box is.

I'm posting this in the Forums, rather than submitting a bug report to Support, because I'm guessing I just need a pointer on where to find it. If this is actually a bug - e.g. "it should be within 10 feet of you" - then I'll submit a bug report.

Lost and Found boxes for items placed outdoors that are affected by scene changes will appear either outside the Farmhouse or the Store at Thomson's Crossing (Rural Crossroads). Your items will be in whichever of those two boxes is closer to where the items were originally placed. 

For interior locations, the Lost and Found box should appear by the door to the exit, inside of course. 

12 minutes ago, Gazbeard said:

I rejoined (after update) in the PV farmhouse - I had 4 red lost and found boxes there ... cellar, hallway, outside front porch, upstairs bedroom.

The loot they contained was mostly correct - only the uncooked bear, moose, deer, and wolf meats were missing (all 250kg+ of it) however the 100kg+ of cooked meats were in the red box on the front porch (together with 50-ish cattail heads and about the same number of sticks, that appeared from nowhere).

I also lost 17 days from the run's total - I had saved and exited at day 473 about 2 weeks before the update, and was at day 457 when I logged in after the update.  I had hoped to finally hit day 500 this week exploring the revised PV map.

For your Lost and Found boxes around the Farmhouse, 3/4 of those are to be expected -- the one on the porch deals with exterior items from outdoors, the one in the hallway would be items in the main part of the house, and the one in the basement would be basement items (the basement is its own "scene" in the game, so it has its own box). 

The one upstairs in the Farmhouse is unexpected. Are you sure it was a Lost and Found box? Red color?

For your lost days on the save game we'd recommend contacting our support team so they can follow up with you directly: https://hinterlandgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Admin said:

Lost and Found boxes for items placed outdoors that are affected by scene changes will appear either outside the Farmhouse or the Store at Thomson's Crossing (Rural Crossroads). Your items will be in whichever of those two boxes is closer to where the items were originally placed. 

For interior locations, the Lost and Found box should appear by the door to the exit, inside of course.

Thank you!!!

I figured out what happened to the 250 kg of uncooked meats - it probably all hit 0% condition and despawned because it was placed in a container.  When I checked carefully, there was also no 0% cooked meat in the outside Lost & Found box either when I fully expected there would be.  Lowest condition meat in the box was at 1%.

Overall, I only recovered around 50Kg of meats from the red box.  It's not a huge problem, more of an irritation ... at least the animal skins all survived.  However, I'm very pleased that unlike last year, I didn't have to haul everything through to Winding River and leave it in the cave. ;)

Wondering what I'll discover about the loot at the abandoned preppers cache over at the TWM transit point when i finally get there.