EPISODE THREE -- NOW LIVE!!!!

Raphael van Lierop

4 minutes ago, Gazbeard said:

@Raphael van Lierop

Any update on the Lost & Found boxes? 

Friday's Dev Diary said there'd be more info about their locations nearer the update. 

(Just want to know where to check for them as I have so much loot in PV I'd never know if something was missing until I needed it.)

For the interiors in Pleasant Valley, look for the Lost and Found right by the door before you leave. For any exterior items affected by changes, look for Lost and Found boxes outside the Store at Thomson's Crossing (Rural Crossroads) or outside the Farmhouse. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 3

A friendly reminder to avoid posting story spoilers in general threads and questions -- feel free to post in the Wintermute subforum with spoilers labeled, or even using the forum's "hidden" text function. 

Thanks for your help!

• Like 1

UPDATE: We've released a fix for Windows 7 users experiencing a black screen on startup and during certain movie playbacks in the game. Be sure to restart your Steam client to trigger the update, if it doesn't happen automatically. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Admin said:

UPDATE: We've released a fix for Windows 7 users experiencing a black screen on startup and during certain movie playbacks in the game. Be sure to restart your Steam client to trigger the update, if it doesn't happen automatically. 

Confirming on the user end, this seems to have fixed the problem!

Appreciate you all diving in on your celebration day to deal with issues like this - definitely reinforces what we all know, that you all have a quality studio and have a sincere love for what you do.

6 hours ago, odium said:

as a survival only player, what locations would be updated for me?  the farmhouse i know, but if someone could clue me in on what places i need to visit that would be great.  thanks!

Well, there's the new town where the Rural Crossroads used to be, as can be seen from the Ep. 3 trailers. Following the roundabout road further north from there, going past The End of the Road and the Derelict Cabins, about halfway to the bridge that would eventually lead you to the Point of Disagreement, there is a new little hut that might hold some loot. Skeeters Ridge, as mentioned above and the Farmhouse basement ...

I'd actually give the whole region a thorough sweep over if I were you, it has been altered slightly almost in every corner. The effect is very nice as there is always something new and unexpected to find. I assume there's some goodies to be looted, especially natural resources seem to be reset/altered in some spots.

It's probably my imagination, but the region seems smaller somehow. Roads are somehow shorter. Which is great, because it was just too damn vast to begin with. Might be my imagination though, so don't take my word for it ^^

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sceh said:

It's probably my imagination, but the region seems smaller somehow. Roads are somehow shorter. Which is great, because it was just too damn vast to begin with. Might be my imagination though, so don't take my word for it ^^

I haven't tried the region yet, but I was hoping that the regions would be bigger to travel. I somehow feel too easy to walk big distances even in Interloper.  Well, personal preferences... 😉

8 hours ago, Sceh said:

about halfway to the bridge that would eventually lead you to the Point of Disagreement, there is a new little hut that might hold some loot.

I actually misremembered. The hut is between the bridge and the Point of Disagreement, just a couple of steps down the road from either.

Awesome update! One question: is there a way to change the menu music back to what it was before? I liked that music a lot better than the new one. Not a massive problem, but would be nice. Maybe a way to change in between? 

Edited by Draglorr

Oh, obviously i wasn't mindful enough of spoilers and semispoilers. Sorry. :$

Well, i had a very funny moment in pleasant valley while recognising myself and somebody else on multiple occasions - i hope this is mindful enough this time. I really like EP3 so far. It has nice new additions, animations, a good character design and story. I am looking forward to see more.

A few hours ago I completed episode 3. And, you know what, this part of story is a very good! I really like it, despite some minor, in my opinion, points. I want to tell about my view of "Crossroads Elegy" more, but in this post I'll just say thanks to Hinterland Studio for that 2 years (actually 1,5 for me) of waiting have not been wasted.  Long live TLD! 

I immediately grabbed the new episode. I couldn't remember why, but I remembered loving the first ones. It didn't take long to remember why. Really nice job on Ep3, but now I need Ep4. And thank you for the charitable causes helped by the game -- I'll continue buying your games for that, but make them this good, everyone will.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...