Sign in to follow this  
Flare_up

Portable Gas Cookers

Seen the potential in the introduction of portable gas cookers. They last awhile and you can cook small amount of food there (most likely the value of a tin can). So water would be .50L ability as well. These are part of every emergency kit for Arctic exploration teams for example. I suppose the usual suspects here would object this as well? The downside is the weight obviously. They can be deployed anywhere at any time as long as you have a gas canister.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Flare_up said:

Seen the potential in the introduction of portable gas cookers. They last awhile and you can cook small amount of food there (most likely the value of a tin can). So water would be .50L ability as well. These are part of every emergency kit for Arctic exploration teams for example. I suppose the usual suspects here would object this as well? The downside is the weight obviously. They can be deployed anywhere at any time as long as you have a gas canister.

I actually like this idea :)  Gas cooker. 

pros: Deploys fast, and cook your food and water, but small portions. Can be used inside houses. 
cons: No warmth gained. And needs a frying pan.

Edited by Yavind

it is a heat source, XD Warmth gained, would be limited to just +1 and could never exceed that