Loper Hacksaw issues

Adamchapa

So I was forced to restart my best start to an interloper run, started in PV and found hacksaw, matches, hammer, and mag glass. I was astounded. Had a save problem and lost the game after about 5 in game days.  So I was like I'm not going to get defeated, I'm going to try this again! Started one and began in the keg. Rushed to ML where I looted everything, found matches, mag glass and hammer. Great start, but no hacksaw.  No problem I'm doing well. Moved to PV, because of course its going to spawn there. Checked the tower, house and barn, nothing.

So I've got about 8 pieces of scrap metal and was thinking about going to the keg to make some arrow heads and the knife to get ahead of it. I've heard there is a chance that one spawns on the workbench by the forge. Do you think it's worth it to go forge and hope the saw is there? Can it spawn anywhere else in FM? Just curious because if I have arrow heads but not arrow shafts or a bow it's not really worth it. But having the knife would help a bit.

Or should I head all the way to CH because it has to be in the gas station then. Which one do you think is the better risk?

There's a set of four possible loot tables for Interloper difficulty.

Players have used trial and error to figure out the static spawn locations of the major tools and created spreadsheets for them.

Note that this significantly spoils the surprise and feeling of danger inherent in Interloper. That being said, play the way you find most fun!

Don't click me if you don't want spoilers!

To answer your specific question, Forlorn Muskeg always has a hacksaw spawn in every Interloper game. There's four different locations, however, so good luck!

Update for everyone, so it was in FM as expected at the forge. I was able to make the knife, hatchet, and 10 arrow heads. Cost me three cups of coffee because I was exhausted from falling through the ice. Bonehead mistake on my part but I was so close to the forge I just pushed through because I knew I would warm up. Cut 3 maple saplings and around 12 birch samplings between the back of the damn and around ML. They are curing and in a few days I should be able to try and hunt some deer. Until then I'm going to try to conserve what cattails I have left and try my hand at some fishing. Cattails don't go bad so I figure they will now become my emergency food in case I hit a bad stretch of weather or what not. I'm on day 14 so in my opinion I'm a little bit behind on where I wanted to be right now and with only around 35 cattails left I sure hope fishing pans out!

A good strategy early game is to lure a wolf away from its typical patrol route towards some deer. If you can get the wolf to approach a deer from behind and then sneak, the wolf will switch from tracking you to tracking the deer, then charge it and take it down.

From here, simply throw a rock at the wolf, and then run away. The wolf won't return to the killed deer, and if you can lose the wolf it will eventually return to its regular patrol route, meaning you'll be able to harvest near 10kg of meat from the deer as a reward.