No aurora for the aurora hatch sidequest

Skelegutplays

I have been trying to get 100% completion on story mode and now im waiting for an aurora so i can enter the aurora hatch. I wait in the cave near the waterfall and sleep in 1 hour increments so that i would not miss the aurora. When i get an aurora i go outside and run to the hatch AND THEN IT ENDS BEFORE I REACH THE AURORA HATCH.  How long do i have to wait for an aurora that does not end in 30 seconds after i go outside?!

5 minutes ago, RegentRelic said:

the aroura goes as long as the weather is clear and the sun doesn't show up on the time scale in the Corner. Any fog or blizzard will stop the aroura and it doesn't start again. 

When i get the aurora the weather becomes foggy like 20 seconds after i step outside.

UPDATE It seems like there was a bug or something that made the fog kick in after leaving an interior because the fog came right after i left the aurora hatch. I waited outdoors at night for the aurora and it did not go away immediately and i had time to get to the aurora hatch! Now im off to kill that damn bear :)

@Skelegutplays
Congrats, yeah when I was doing the Archivist challenge I got seriously screwed by weather too...  on time I even witnessed a little bug where the weather would snap to a different pattern instantly.  I was marching up to signal hill, the aurora was just starting and I was hopeful to grab both buffers so I could head out quickly... nope... as I was looking at the aurora's beauty and approaching the radio tower the sky flickered ever so slightly and then snapped into deep fog.  No transition at all, one moment it was clear the next suddenly fog as thick as pea soup. 

Super frustrating :D 

Also, good luck with that Freight Train of Hate and Hunger!

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac

4 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

on time I even witnessed a little bug where the weather would snap to a different pattern instantly. ...
No transition at all, one moment it was clear the next suddenly fog as thick as pea soup. 

I captured a similar thingon Bandicam a few months ago and kept it in case it happened again, but this was a one-off for me.  Never had it again.  The weather snaps from overcast and light snow to crystal clear.

• Like 1