Fresh Lake Whitefish (raw) (opened)

Skelegutplays

Funny, this happened to me two days ago. I picked up some fish from a pile of fish in TWM, right outside the fishing hut. 
Many days ago, I was doing a fishing marathon to get my skills up. Let me with a giant pile of fish outside the hut. 

I wonder if this was fish that I had  started to cook, but then took off the stove. 

-t

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, turtle777 said:

Funny, this happened to me two days ago. I picked up some fish from a pile of fish in TWM, right outside the fishing hut. 
Many days ago, I was doing a fishing marathon to get my skills up. Let me with a giant pile of fish outside the hut. 

I wonder if this was fish that I had  started to cook, but then took off the stove. 

-t

Now there's an idea. If you don't finish cooking it for any reason, it reverts back to raw, I think? Like a can of tomato soup, if your fire burns out, or you remove it from the cooking surface before it is done cooking, will show it as uncooked, but (opened) (I think... I'll have to double check that to be sure). But your idea could very well explain the (opened) tag on it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ThePancakeLady said:

Now there's an idea. If you don't finish cooking it for any reason, it reverts back to raw, I think? Like a can of tomato soup, if your fire burns out, or you remove it from the cooking surface before it is done cooking, will show it as uncooked, but (opened) (I think... I'll have to double check that to be sure). But your idea could very well explain the (opened) tag on it.

This is exactly how this happens :)

This can also happen if you RMB a fish onto a cook surface on a burnt-out fire, or set it on the pot belly stove in the fishing hut without a fire going.  When you take the raw fish back into your inventory, it shows as "opened".

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

This is exactly how this happens :)

This can also happen if you RMB a fish onto a cook surface on a burnt-out fire, or set it on the pot belly stove in the fishing hut without a fire going.  When you take the raw fish back into your inventory, it shows as "opened".

I knew you'd know this, lol! :) 

6 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

Lol I think between me probing the physics of the game and @Ice Hole goating like a maniac, you're probably pretty well informed on the nuances!

I always know you will know the obscure stuff. Mainly because you are a "man of Science", easily convinced to (or goaded into) do(ing) weird tests for Science's sake. :D