Marking Prepper Caches

peteloud

It is inconceivable that someone making a map of the regions would not include the position of Prepper Caches on the maps. 

I have played many games and have a number of active games at any time, therefore I can never remember where I found caches in a particular game.  (Of course I could make a note in my journal about it, but I never think of that at the time,  In fact, I have only ever made a note once in all the games that I played).

I wish that we could add a marker for the caches on the map.

• Upvote 1

Prepper caches do not show up on the charcoal maps. The OP has a point since I do think that permanent structures and objects should be something that can be mapped. Of course, the map location of things can be really off compared to the underlying map. 

On another note, I would like the particular area of the map, when I come back and use another charcoal, be updated with things that are no longer there disappearing and anything that is now there appearing. But that's probably more effort than Hinterland wants to put into that as it is optional whether one maps or not.

I could go for having the hatch shown on the map after discovery. You map your circle, walk 10m, and find the hatch. Now you need to stand at the hatch and map again for the map to update and show it.

Not sure I feel a need for new limbs or such to update on the map. Though, I do agree it would be nice if things like OMBL, Rose Hips and Reishi that I harvested were erased, or even "smudged" over, to show I already harvested them. But, that might be a bit more work for the team than is worthwhile. I would like it, but I can also live without it.