Balance changes

RegentRelic

Disclaimer: I acknowledge that the developer at hinterland are professionals, but these are the biggest things that are problems I think need to be addressed.

Revolver OP. The newest weapon in the game, the revolver is meant to be a defensive weapon right. Then how come it is as effective at hunting as any of the other weapons. Not to mention the fact that the ammunition is every where. After I realized that it made the threat of wolves void I tried to just not use it but the ammunition remans every where and it hurts my eyes. I now only play interloper for that reason. I'm going to be hard-pressed to get that five years in interloper.

Birch bark tea: Remember when this stuff was just a tinder that no one ever used other then that one time you were at the trappers homestead and didn't have any. Well now that they can be made into tea they are a self regenerating food source. I am talking you can live of them in interloper and people have. luckily there is still one stalker save I am will still do because I  am hanging out in timber wolf mountain (like I have been the past one hundred days) and there's no revolver ammo in sight. any way I have accumulated roughly three weeks worth of birch bark tea. It is like cattails that regrow and store water.

@RegentRelic,
I can see where you might feel that way, and I do respect you're opinion on the mater.  However, for me these things aren't much of an issue.  You don't really need to stick to interloper though (I mean of course you can if you want)... you could still play Voyager or Stalker and just not use the revolver or birch bark tea.

@Willy Pete, I have to echo another post I made earlier.  I'm not sure it's fair to call something an exploit if it falls in line with the systems as they were intended to function, but I think you are very correct in that we can always choose not to do things or use items that we don't like. 

:coffee::fire:

• Upvote 2

Morever, Raphael said they will consider adding special options in custom mode for revolver. Concerning birch bark tea, IMO the only OP thing is the condition regereration rate during sleeping. If you cut off every condition regeneration in custom mode (sleep + normal), birch bark tea becomes a precious resource, and not just a self regenerating food.

Revolver isnt OP, its difficult to use it properly. When you nerf it to peashooter, requring whole cylinder to kill a wolf, it would be useless. Its .44 caliber revolver, it is designed to be  a killshot.

But i can agree on revovler ammo, its plentifull.

55 minutes ago, Moll said:

Its .44 caliber revolver

Well...
Milton Mailbag Dispatch # 34

If I tell you it's a XX calibre, you'll start comparing the in-game behaviour to what you know of the real-world equivalent which is irrelevant.
The Revolver is "good at deterring wolves" calibre and the Rifle is "better chance of taking down a Bear if you're lucky" calibre. :) 

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

@Moll
I do agree with you in that I don't think the revolver is over powered... certainly not in contrast to any of the other weapons in the game.
For those who feel like ammo is too plentiful, I recommend to just ignore it or dump it some place and just don't use it.  For those who don't like the revolver... I recommend the same thing.  

:coffee::fire: 

Eh, in Stalker I am happy for the abundant revolver ammo. I don't use it to hunt with, but it does a dang fine job of scaring wolves off if fired in their general direction (no intentional play on my Steam user name, none at all, lol!) in Stalker Mode. And I'll never complain if it hits one of them and makes them run off bleeding. 

• Upvote 1