Hunting rifle weight bug

Asinine

I've submitted this as a bug already, but I'm actually shocked that I'm not finding any other instances of this anywhere. I just started playing again and was intending to restart the story mode and finish in time for the next update, so it's been a while since I actually played at all (February is around when I stopped).

I find that clicking on the hunter's rifle "actions" adds about 0.4 kg just for clicking the button (see video). And now, I am completely nekkid and still carry 4 kg of nothing around (see pic). I'm sure no one wants to lose 4 kg of extra carry space... I know I sure don't.

As I've submitted the bug, I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed this? If not, might want to keep an eye out on that bloating rifle...

20191006085031_1.jpg

• Upvote 1

The second bug you've shown in the video has been in the game for ages. Basically, when you go through a loading screen, the game "forgets" that there is ammo in your rifle and just calculates its weight as 4 kg. When you later examine or use the rifle, the game notices that the rifle is loaded and updates the weight to the correct 4.2 kg, which includes the weight of the loaded ammo.

I have no clue what causes the first bug where you're left with 4 kg of carry weight despite not carrying anything, though.

• Upvote 1

I never used rifles much, so I guess I never noticed the +0.2 or whatever. But that 4 kg extra is because when I unequip or drop the rifle, I only lose the rifle weight, not the ammo weight. I'll mess around with it, see if I can't lose 4k somehow. :(

On 10/6/2019 at 10:01 PM, Martin Prchal said:

I've noticed this bug also when I go across loading screens and my weight magically changes. Maybe its because of the rifle, or more items undergo these changes when the game recalculates the weight as @StrangerFromTheInternet said. 

I couldn't get a recalculate until I finished the episode. I mean, I kept up on the well-fed perk, but I had to remember it was just a temporary setting (goal was to get to the end, not to survive for extended periods). It sucked, but mine didn't recalculate until I ended up in the bear's lair when I lost all my gear.

I'm hoping that it will do as y'all have described, since I'm now back trying another survival run. Just need to find a rifle... :D

But now I have a few more question: does this bug happen with revolvers? I've yet to find one, but I want to know if that's going to be an issue as well. And can I get a recalc if I unload the rifle? I mean, I'm going to try these things, but "an idiot never learns from his mistakes. A smart man learns from his mistakes. A wise man learns from others' mistakes."