Pilgrim mode

MrsHoneypot

". . . . .Permadeath is just not for me. "

I avoid Permadeath by backing up my saves.  If a pack of wolves or a triple bear attack kills me I restore my backup.  The games would soon lose its enjoyment if I had to repeat those first few hundred game days again and again and again.

If this was a competitive game this would be cheating, but it's solo game so I'm only cheating myself. 

• Like 1

Guest jeffpeng
On 10/27/2019 at 9:53 AM, peteloud said:

The games would soon lose its enjoyment if I had to repeat those first few hundred game days again and again and again.

Funny how different people are. I have a hard time going over around 150 days. Not because I die so frequently. Simply because .... I lack things to do.

Edited by jeffpeng

17 hours ago, jeffpeng said:

Funny how different people are. I have a hard time going over around 150 days. Not because I die so frequently. Simply because .... I lack things to do.

I see that as part of the challenge. What would you do in real life? Lay down and die after two years? I like to think I would keep plugging away. So I do. Of course I don't survive as long as you, either. I haven't even reached 200 days yet. :D

On 10/4/2019 at 1:02 PM, MrsHoneypot said:

How long did you play Pilgrim before you moved on to the other modes?

I started playing ages ago, January 2015. The difficulty modes had just been implemented and I started with Voyageur but I kept dying a few in game hours in, so I switched to Pilgrim for a couple of runs to understand the basic needs mechanics before going back to the angry wolves.:P

Did you just dive straight in to Interloper?

As soon as it was introduced I tried it out, I was playing Stalker before that because Voyageur got too easy.

What mode is most comfortable for you right now?

Right now v.119 early access launch time capsule :D which is tough, wolves are not that bad and cold isn't either but it's the scarcity (and the food poisoning) that kills you. Amazing.

Before I discovered time capsules I used to play a custom mode similar to Interloper, littlest loot possible but less dangerous wildlife and slightly milder weather, I'll probably go back to it after I get bored with the memory lane trip.

• 2 months later...

I started with voyager and have no interest in stalker or interloper (at the moment at least). I have one save in pilgrim that I have named "vacation"; I play it just to relax and enjoy the scenery (and  I roleplay in my head that I'm not stranded but instead just on a camping trip 😄).

I started at Voyager and stayed in it. It is in the game "this is how the developers intended it". Who am I to argue with them.  I tried Pilgrim and Stalker. No good for me. Maybe I will try custom mix of Pilgrim fauna Voyager spawn and Interloper weather. And thats nice. You can mix it how you see fit.