Stuck in HRV.

The420dwarf

I'm down in a valley in HRV.  My guy was attacked by a moose and now has broken ribs.  I waited 119 of 120 hours but that last hour will not clear because I am unable to use 1 bandage and 3 more painkillers.

I can't climb out.  I've ran around that section of valley like a rat in a maze trying to find some way out or a hidden stash that might help.  I found some rose hips but one bush isn't enough for 4 painkillers.

You should be able to clear the time limits with out the painkillers.  

The moose ruin my bear bed roll so I had to sacrifice clothes to make a snow shelter.  

I would hate to die on this valley just because of an odd game mechanic.

I'm assuming you're in the valley thats down the rope from Many Falls Vista? The one with the Valley Cave and the Moose Overlook? That one is an absolute bitch to get out of if hindered by injuries.

I was trying to look up a possible solution to your problem, and found this wiki page: https://thelongdark.fandom.com/wiki/Broken_ribs

Note that in the comments more people describe the exact same scenario. One person suggests taking an emergency stim, though I don't know if that would work tbh.

Also note though, that it should be possible to rest completely without taking the medication (if the Wiki is to be trusted!).

Maybe you are experiencing an unfortunate bug? Hang in there (ba-dum-tsh).

Edited by Sceh
messed up location name
  • Upvote 2

9I'll check it out when I get home.  I'm not even sure if I have a emergency stim on me.  I'll try resting again.

EDIT: hey everyone reading this later!  I tried what Sceh said.  I was lucky enough to have one emergency stim in my inventory.  I went to the base of the rope at Many Falls Vista.  I popped the stim and it let me climb the rope with  broken ribs.  It wore off just at the top and I was worried it would just drop me back to the bottom.  I didn't stop at the ledge/lodge half way up.  Doing that would have stranded me there..  but I made it and now my guy is safe.  I've even already come back to get the items I couldn't carry out the first time.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, jeffpeng said:

Amazing! The game is at its best in such tense situations.

Yep, it's crazy how much fun you can have when you're playing outside your comfort zone. I've been slowly getting back into the game and playing some birch assisted deadman lately, crazy fun.