Item spawns on higher difficulty

Dude Revenant

Hey, how ya doin'?

So I'm stepping up my game from Voyager, attempting a Stalker run. It's definitely more dangerous and more scarcity of everything except friggin' wolves.

Usually the tools I find are in or near the best shelters of a region, sometimes I'll find additional tools in a more obscure location (axe in a shed; knife near a corpse; crowbar in a car). On Stalker, I've noticed that the few tools that do spawn seem to do so in these obscure locations.

For the TLD survival mode experts, I ask you:

Do the locations of items get more obscure and harder to find in Interloper, and do any items spawn behind furniture or in crates that can only be accessed after you've broken them down? I just want to guage how much more vigilant I need to be when scavenging. What's been your experience with this and has it changed much over the course of the years? 

Edited by Dude Revenant
Typo

I don't play loper, but I think I can still answer your question:

There are a "few" constant items (appear in same spot in all difficulties).  Most items should be out in the open or in containers.  There are also a few locations that you need to break something down to get what is inside/under it, but this is rare.  If I were you, I'd grab the easy pickin's first, then go back to find the more elusive items later.

The high up in difficulty you go the game requires you to get more creative to find supplies. There matches and cans of food in the small open top creates. there will never be any thing directly in the bigger closed creates. How ever there are supplies behind them at the summit, the Spence homestead, carter, the whale processing plant and the maintenance yard to name a few. 

:hatchet:📦

There is still a ridiculous amount of loot on Stalker. More tools than you ever need. Just loot normally and you will have everything you need. Things aren't exactly hidden. Maybe a few important things are in somewhat remote locations, but nothing obscure.

More hidden locations and weird corners usually only contain food. Like a candy bar tucked in a corner you need to crouch to see. Nothing essential.

Interloper too still has quite a lot of stuff if you search all regions. There are several hammers, crowbars hacksaw and lanterns. But only 0-1 per region. Tool boxes are random though and can be a bit scarce if you're unlucky. The tricky thing is that you don't have firearms, knives or hatchets. You need to craft your tools. And the high level clothing doesn't spawn, so you need to craft animal clothing, which is optional on lower difficulties.

One example I can think of off-hand is Old Spence, crate upstairs next to the bed.

The downstairs crate has dog food

I can confirm the box at the crashed plane. Even on Interloper you can find combat pants there. A very, very rare item. You can sometimes find at Signal Hill, but this one was the only pair in my game.

Edited by Serenity

• 2 weeks later...

Things can definitely be more obscure and difficult to find in Loper. In addition to the severe reduction in loot on Loper, they put stuff in locations that are not always obvious. Plus, you are desperate for food so you need to look absolutely everywhere. A good example is how a soda can or candy bar can be tucked behind a chair or under a bed, usually at a spot that is very hard to see. Also, most items, tools, and clothing won't be tucked away in containers or drawers, they will be laying on a table or shelf, or tucked away in a corner on the floor somewhere. Sure, you may still find things in containers or lockers, but it's just much more rare.

Of course, breaking down crates is a great way to both get firewood and find hidden items on Loper. There's several guaranteed loot drops from crates (dog food at Spence's, food in crate in BR Shed, etc.) so check around. I've been playing this game for a long time, and I just recently discovered a candy bar under the crate in the TWM Hut! 

305620_screenshots_20191009201001_1.thumb.jpg.aad5224de0e1145c19c87c6402491d39.jpg