Let's play : post your pictures and guess where i am...

JohnnyCanuck

16 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

The second photo here is my challenge back to you.  This should be an easy one--I'm not aiming for impossible here.

Maybe it's not an impossible one but after a hundred hours in game, i haven't travelled in these regions = pleasant Valley, Timberwolf Montain, Crumbling Highway and Desolation Point...I take my time :D

For the moment this photo doesn't ring a bell...but i continue to explore the world...expect if someone get this answer in the meantime!

Thank a lot for your first answer and good idea for the proof

DarkyHutch

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, DerpyLemon115 said:

Right here, between the maintenance shack and Hunting Lodge in Broken Railroad. Now for my last one, might be a bit tricky but I will be really impressed if you find it. I wish you the best.

Ahh trying to pull a fast one there, by omitting background details eh?  That might've worked, but you see you merely adopted Great Bear.  I was born there.  Try this one on for size... Edit: OK on second thought a foggy screenshot is kind of a jerk move.  So I will add this hint: It is a coastal region.

20191002195019_1.jpg

20191002163139_1.jpg

Edited by ajb1978
Added a clue
  • Upvote 1

Here is a mystery cave. 

screen_0ebb4805-0c42-4f0a-ba54-d43147aead9f_hi.thumb.png.1d955107028c3c8553b1204e9c4f5607.png

I forgot to take the debug screen shot and have only a slight idea where this is located. 

screen_7bdecd40-8ebc-404e-b08b-4374201434af_hi.thumb.png.d7faa3e4d802e1d0bae9b47a9b2499cd.png

The version would be the current Steadfast Ranger. 

It is not in Hushed River Valley because I have not explored that region in months.  Probably in Pleasant Valley or Coastal Highway or Crumbling Highway or Desolation Point or Raven Falls Ravine or Mystery Lake or Forlorn Muskeg or Broken Railroad or Timberwolf Mountain or Mountain Town.  

Edited by Ice Hole
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jhickie said:

Hey there @ThePancakeLady, is that the Frozen River that leads to the Unnamed Pond in ML? If it's not, then I'm stumped :)

Yep. Lol! I knew that one would be easy.  :)

But can you find your way to the exact spot the shot was taken in? Using the same route? (Hint: No footprints coming from the Frozen Creek...)

Not sure you can still get here in the current version of the game. But, since old screenshots and Time Capsule screenshots seem to be fair game now...
This shot is an old one, from when I first started playing the game, just over 3 years ago. (Timestamp says July 30, 2016). 
I know where it is, and a small hint to anyone who knows me on Steam- this was one of my first big "crazy climbing" expeditions, the one that got me into trying to climb everything, everywhere. Try a Time Capsule game version if you want to see if you can get there and duplicate it. (The date I gave should tell you which version to try...)

20160730011447_1.thumb.jpg.56d3f265d8e56c27d642ab47856c45ae.jpg

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Ice Hole said:

t is not in Hushed River Valley because I have not explored that region in months.  Probably in Pleasant Valley or Coastal Highway or Crumbling Highway or Desolation Point or Raven Falls Ravine or Mystery Lake or Forlorn Muskeg or Broken Railroad or Timberwolf Mountain or Mountain Town.  

I vote Coastal Highway on the ravine side of the "bridge/waterfall" area where you often find a corpse with a rifle.  Upstream of Rabbit Grove

13 hours ago, ThePancakeLady said:

Not sure you can still get here in the current version of the game. But, since old screenshots and Time Capsule screenshots seem to be fair game now...
This shot is an old one, from when I first started playing the game, just over 3 years ago. (Timestamp says July 30, 2016). 
I know where it is, and a small hint to anyone who knows me on Steam- this was one of my first big "crazy climbing" expeditions, the one that got me into trying to climb everything, everywhere. Try a Time Capsule game version if you want to see if you can get there and duplicate it. (The date I gave should tell you which version to try...)

20160730011447_1.thumb.jpg.56d3f265d8e56c27d642ab47856c45ae.jpg

Looks like Lake Overlook in Mystery Lake.

12 hours ago, Jolan said:

I vote Coastal Highway on the ravine side of the "bridge/waterfall" area where you often find a corpse with a rifle.  Upstream of Rabbit Grove

I can say that is not the area as that is already in the Hidden Cave List.

The only thing I can remember is finding a Hidden Cave in the 'skeg and it was by a radio tower.  Returned to search and was unable to locate anything.  Was there an update to the 'skeg terrain?

1 hour ago, TropicalSurvivor said:

Looks like Lake Overlook in Mystery Lake.

Yes, now that I look at it, I posted the wrong shot. 5000+ screenshots, it gets hard to keep track of them all some days. 😂

And this was the spot I was originally thinking of...

20170326201717_1.thumb.jpg.15dd485cc248b733566b68ca74d920f0.jpg

20170326202234_1.thumb.jpg.90d468b285b1ecd11507f48f8a2675a8.jpg

20170326201818_1.thumb.jpg.13d65ba988a3617904f52b1f28a5e402.jpg

Dear me, I really should clean out my collection of screenshots someday. But, I can't Bear to do it yet...

• Upvote 1

On 10/2/2019 at 9:04 PM, ajb1978 said:

Ahh trying to pull a fast one there, by omitting background details eh?  That might've worked, but you see you merely adopted Great Bear.  I was born there.  Try this one on for size... Edit: OK on second thought a foggy screenshot is kind of a jerk move.  So I will add this hint: It is a coastal region.

20191002163139_1.jpg

Bear Creek?

31 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

Yup!  I don't remember where exactly but I was heading uphill away from the coastline.

If I remember correctly, and that is where I think it is, there should be an uprooted tree just past those rocks. But with the fog, it's hard to tell if it is where I am thinking of.

That was a good one, took me bit to think of where that might be.