Cloth & boots impregnation

Moll

Its pretty simple. Like in real life you can impregnate your stuff to minimalize wetness of your boots and outer layer of clothes. In game it works similar. Item is can of spray, (found with random condition), every use takes of 10 % of its condition and reduce wetness gain by 33 % (technically it would activate buff, something like well fed, but scripted for wetness).

Duration: 24 hours, with no wetness, with increasing wetness its shorter, but minimum is 3 hours.

Its not something important, but had to mention that :coffee:

It's a neat idea.  Though considering how easily clothes dry out currently... I'm not sure how valuable this would be.  I mean unless you are out in a heavy snow storm/blizzard or your take a dip though thin ice, "wetness" isn't really much of an issue (though it is something to keep tabs on for sure) but also super easy to mitigate.

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

yes, but it can protect your temperature comfort thru your jorney.

If it also can protect your clothes little bit against wear by poor weather i think its even better.

I forgot its non flammable substance, so not usable as fire accelerant 😄

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2019 at 5:43 AM, ManicManiac said:

@Moll, but that's my point.  It's easier for us to just be more careful about how and when we travel than it is to change the game to include this feature.  Like I mentioned before it is a neat idea, but since wet clothing is so easy to manage and mitigate... I just don't see a need for it. 

:coffee::fire::coffee:

I agree. In terms of mechanical penalties, wet and frozen clothing causes faster item decay, adds extra weight, and reduces clothing warmth bonus and protection from frostbite.

The mechanic is in game to encourage strategic use of weather (do I go out in a blizzard and get my clothes frozen but avoid risk of wolves?) and there isn't a real need for an additional item diluting the loot tables. If your clothing is wet, you can spend a common resource (matches and fuel) to fix this.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

For protecting clothes, you can render animal fat to cover your clothing to make it more waterproof (usually your footwear). So maybe adding the option to harvest animal fat from deer, bear, etc as an option and either use it to 1) smother your clothing for extra waterproofness that decreases slowly over time, and 2) you can heat it in a can/pot to create fuel, like accelerant/kerosene.

Edited by DaPepster
  • Upvote 2