Jumping between "Current" build and others

hozz1235

Jumped between the first four builds and returned to the Early Access build all played fine.  Switched to the Silent Hunter build and had no controls.  No mouse or esc key inputs worked.  Alt tabbed and closed the TLD window.  Looked into the controls in game and mouse and aim sensitivity was zero.  Set to 50 percent and the mouse worked but no esc key.  Back in controls the Restore Defaults was used and all is better.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, PrincessAutumn said:

I'm having issues with the time capsule. I followed all the instructions and when I got to the game, I had no keyboard or mouse control and had to ALT-F4 to exit. Reverted back to the current version and even re-installed the game and I still have no control. How can I fix this?

Had a very similar issue (see fourth post this thread) and solved it.

From Options go to the Controls.

screen_ed6a484f-54dd-42b2-bdaa-d023fcf750b0.thumb.png.cdd0247f9230961805b6a6657a3e3b3f.png

Click Key Bindings

Click the Restore Defaults.

Sorry no screen shots because currently in  .236 build.

Edited by Ice Hole
  • Upvote 1

On 9/28/2019 at 3:19 AM, Admin said:

@PrincessAutumn Please contact our Support Team: hinterlandgames.com/support They are pretty busy with Episode Three QA at the moment, but they will get back to you as soon as they possibly can.

Thank you and yes, I have already submitted an inquiry and just waiting for a reply back. :) 

On 9/28/2019 at 8:46 AM, Ice Hole said:

Had a very similar issue (see fourth post this thread) and solved it.

From Options go to the Controls.

screen_ed6a484f-54dd-42b2-bdaa-d023fcf750b0.thumb.png.cdd0247f9230961805b6a6657a3e3b3f.png

Click Key Bindings

Click the Restore Defaults.

Sorry no screen shots because currently in  .236 build.

Thank you for your reply, I went into my game and clicked "reset to default" and unfortunately, that method did not work.

• Upvote 1

• 10 months later...
On 9/30/2019 at 3:08 AM, PrincessAutumn said:

Thank you for your reply, I went into my game and clicked "reset to default" and unfortunately, that method did not work.

For all who have this issue (Escape is not working after switching to some older build).

You need to reset your keybindings to default and restart your game.

• 2 months later...

Can anybody tell me if there is still this issue (no controls after switching)?

And does anybody know if there is still the bug that some of your achievements getting deleted when playing some of the older versions?

I always wanted to try the older versions but not with these bugs :(

//just saw all the older versions marked as "unsupported" on the capsule site. So there goes this idea out of the window...

Edited by Karl Grylls

On 11/2/2020 at 11:53 AM, Karl Grylls said:

Can anybody tell me if there is still this issue (no controls after switching)?

Yes, it is. Read my previous post to resolve.

On 11/2/2020 at 11:53 AM, Karl Grylls said:

And does anybody know if there is still the bug that some of your achievements getting deleted when playing some of the older versions?

You can backup your current saves. It's a good idea to have separate saves for different game versions.

• Upvote 1