Announcement Speculation.

MarrowStone

This Topic is for for anyone who would like to discuss speculation on the upcoming story mode update. Lets get this hype train going! Feel free to post whatever comes to your mind. 

:wolf:!POSSIBLE SPOILERS!:wolf:

264562929_EpisodeThree-CrossroadsElegy.thumb.png.a136625a3d438e2fbe3b427147801d15.png.bfd602f25651e1c764c4545d8df22f57.png

Take a look at this BEAUTIFUL poster. Three things I'd like to point out.

1. The Plane: This is very similar to the plane we see at the top of Timber-wolf Mountain, could this be the missing front half of the same plane? All the way in Pleasant Valley?! What a crash!

2. The Flare: Look behind Astrid, there's a flare that we also see in the trailer. Do we have to save someone with a limited amount of time after we see it fired? Or do they keep re-firing it if we ignore it the first time? That might be interesting to see how that works. 

3. ?!: Look behind Astrid, no, not the same Astrid, the little one at the center. There's what looks to be a teenager. Interesting to see a character so young in this harsh and unforgiving world. I wonder what significance they have in the story. 

36 minutes ago, MarrowStone said:

1. The Plane: This is very similar to the plane we see at the top of Timber-wolf Mountain, could this be the missing front half of the same plane? All the way in Pleasant Valley?! What a crash!

It seems likely. Looking through TWM, there are multiple chunks of wing scattered throughout the area, with 1 large section on the summit. The tail section on the summit has the elevator wings in place, and the large wing piece has the pointed housing that's often seen behind the engines of passenger planes. The tail section also has no windows, meaning that it was likely the cargo hold (which makes sense, as that's where all of the juicy loots were stored), and the poster appears to show that the front section was torn away just behind the rear passenger door (the rear cargo door is present in the Tail section).
Best guess is maybe an AirBus A220, or perhaps something like a Boeing 707?

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, DarkTreader said:

It seems likely. Looking through TWM, there are multiple chunks of wing scattered throughout the area, with 1 large section on the summit. The tail section on the summit has the elevator wings in place, and the large wing piece has the pointed housing that's often seen behind the engines of passenger planes. The tail section also has no windows, meaning that it was likely the cargo hold (which makes sense, as that's where all of the juicy loots were stored), and the poster appears to show that the front section was torn away just behind the rear passenger door (the rear cargo door is present in the Tail section).
Best guess is maybe an AirBus A220, or perhaps something like a Boeing 707?

I like your analysis. I'm inclined to believe its based loosely on multiple planes. However, it reminds me of a Douglas DC-8, the windows and nose shape. aircanada.thumb.jpg.085110206a25e171d691781392c14bef.jpg

Do you think Timberwolf Mountain will have its plane parts rearranged to account for the plane parts we find in the story mode? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MarrowStone said:

I like your analysis. I'm inclined to believe its based loosely on multiple planes. However, it reminds me of a Douglas DC-8, the windows and nose shape. aircanada.thumb.jpg.085110206a25e171d691781392c14bef.jpg

Do you think Timberwolf Mountain will have its plane parts rearranged to account for the plane parts we find in the story mode? 

Thanks! Trying to contribute what little I can :)

And hell, I completely forgot about the DC-8! Solid catch!
Initially, I was going back and forth about the 707/DC-8 because they have a 4 engine setup, but I just realized in looking at the poster again, that there appears to be an engine still on the wing behind the Hinterland Axe - and what looks like an engine mounting with a missing engine next to it. So yeah, based on that, I think we can scratch the A220.

I think we're in the ballpark, at least!

This image was released and announced episode three.

https://www.thelongdark.com/news/dev-diary-august-2018/

Desolation-Point.jpg

This could be an excellent way to introduce this beasty to The Long Dark.

Wonder how the intelligence will be showcased?

At 4:18 the video shows a group of orca using a water wave to knock prey off of ice.

One more thing to bring up is ...

Aurora Orca

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Two things we know With out reasonable doubt. Takes place in pleasant valley, I say that In the way I say Episode two takes place in mystery lake. Thompson's crossing is not like Milton. Where as Milton is desolate with only one survivor, we have already seen three characters that don't have gray mother and Jeremiahs excuses for never standing. Also i think it is safe to say that there is a horrible illness afflicting the town. That is just a short summary what we Know. (Know is different from know).

9 hours ago, RegentRelic said:

Two things we know With out reasonable doubt.

Thanks for the recap, Im assuming the man we see won't leave the confines of the shelter due to his people needing him but the smoking woman definitely looks freely mobile. She also is seen sitting in Pleasent Valley Homestead and holding a bow in the poster. There are arrow targets behind the barn, do you think she'll be teaching Astrid archery there?

She defiantly appears to fit the mentor persona. Plus the long dark has fit the heroes journey so far so if Astrid's journey is different from wills (which has been so far) then she should be needing one. Call to adventure/ astride asking for a ride, supernatural aid/ the aroura, first thresh hold/ the crash second thresh hold/ helping the gray mother,  trail/ killing or saving Hobbs, mentor/ Jeramiah, challenges and tribulations/ the old bear, help/ methuselah, darkest hour/ the bear cave and that is really as far as we have gotten. You could say that Manthis is the darkest hour because we didn't a change or revelation after the bear fight but we don' t know that Will will after the engagement with Manthis.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jeffpeng
On 9/24/2019 at 6:18 PM, Ice Hole said:

Aurora Orca

I suspect an Aurora Orca can fling charged batteries at you. Especially you.