'Warm' buildings

Stone

@ManicManiac I agree with your perspective on not making it harder. Taking that useful succinct description of the fire being valuable: cosider that, with a modest set of clothes, you can walk into many buildings and get positive temp arrows - i.e. you don't need fire. So we could say fire is devalued by these warm buildings.

So I wonder if this makes it too hard? These buildings currently save you from freezing and hypothermia on entry. If a fire was needed to warm them, you'd have to ensure you have a the means and time to get a fire going.

@Stone,
(maybe it was a typo I'm not sure)  My perspective is on not making the game any easier, but at the same time I accept this game as it is.  I'm not the type to try and focus on changing the game, as I feel it would be a bit irreverent to the Hinterland team.  For the sake of discussion though, I do weigh in on the proposed ideas on the forum.  Occasionally if I feel I have and idea that would be interesting I share those too.

As to the idea making the game too hard... no.  Specifically I'm referring to the idea of all indoor locations having more dynamic temperatures.  If fire still behave as it does now, it would be just as I was talking about earlier... and just as it is now with say the Mountaineer's Hut on Timberwolf Mountain.  We know that Raph and the team have been thinking about making all indoor temperatures more dynamic and I think that would be perfect with how fire behaves right now.

Ultimately though... regardless of my thoughts and ideas on the matter, I will support whatever the team decides to do (for the same reasons I mentioned earlier in the conversation).  :)