Wolf Struggles with XBox360 controller?

past caring

Hi All - new(ish) to the game. I've had a couple of decent custom runs (60-80 days) but after getting killed yesterday I now cannot remember what button to press to select a weapon in a wolf struggle - playing on the PC with the Xbox360 controller. And I keep dying because I'm doing no more than punching the bastards even though I have knife, hatchet, crowbar etc in my inventory. Any help gratefully received (and yes, I know I'm an idiot). Cheers.

2 hours ago, past caring said:

Hi All - new(ish) to the game. I've had a couple of decent custom runs (60-80 days) but after getting killed yesterday I now cannot remember what button to press to select a weapon in a wolf struggle - playing on the PC with the Xbox360 controller. And I keep dying because I'm doing no more than punching the bastards even though I have knife, hatchet, crowbar etc in my inventory. Any help gratefully received (and yes, I know I'm an idiot). Cheers.

Wait a second for the UI to come up and then you have to scroll first using the left or right button.  When you highlight the item you wish to use, hit "A."  Don't worry, you're not actually taking damage while that UI is open.  If you don't make a selection within the time the UI is open or start mashing the "A" button too soon beofre the UI opens, you'll wind up just using fists.

Edited by UpUpAway95

5 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

Wait a second for the UI to come up and then you have to scroll first using the left or right button.

Thanks - but which is the left or right button, that's what is confusing me. Is it the same button(s) I use to switch between wearing clothing items of the same type or to increase/decrease the number of hours I read a training manual - i.e. the left and right shoulder buttons on the controller? Or is it the button I use to move between the different types of clothing items I am wearing and to increase/decrease the number of hours sleep - i.e. the left analogue button?

2 hours ago, past caring said:

Thanks - but which is the left or right button, that's what is confusing me. Is it the same button(s) I use to switch between wearing clothing items of the same type or to increase/decrease the number of hours I read a training manual - i.e. the left and right shoulder buttons on the controller? Or is it the button I use to move between the different types of clothing items I am wearing and to increase/decrease the number of hours sleep - i.e. the left analogue button?

This video on Youtube might help,  It's a tutorial on the controller controls for TLD.

It does show you what the LB and RB buttons are... the ones you use to sprint.  For fighting the worlf, however, he only uses his fists.  As I said, if you have other eligible weapons in your inventory, just wait a second for the UI to open as the struggle starts.  Then usi RB or LB to scroll through your eligible weapons before starting to hit A.

Edited by UpUpAway95

OK - thanks, that's sorted it. Think what it was is that in my previous runs which were longer I wasn't getting into wolf struggles until I had a full compliment of weapons (hatchet, knife, crowbar, revolver) so even without consciously selecting a weapon I was hitting them with something effective. Which made me a bit cocky this time round when I only had one weapon - so was just mashing the A button on fists even when I could have selected a better weapon. Cheers.