The Long Dark Names

Ice Hole

There seems to be a variety of names for the Long Dark things. 

Fluffy - was the wolf's name that resided within Carter Hydro Dam.  Sadly it was removed due to the update to the internal environment.  R.I.P.  Fluffy.

George the Rabbit - was the rabbit I tried to save during a pilgrim run in Timber Wolf Mountain.  The wolf attacked me as I was trying to interfere.  First time I was attacked in pilgrim game.

Raven Rock - found this in the back country and it sits lonely upon high ground. 

screen_6af64e6f-25e0-482e-9872-8b92461ebd2d_hi.thumb.png.c6626fad4e5eac29d41f30a789f44eff.png\

The area around the rock is a retreat for goats. 

screen_48309158-6817-4326-86f5-7c512d1bf36c_hi.thumb.png.9cafe3cb0b33bb05d5c0cbef7b995f49.png

screen_1a5a3e6c-8420-49b6-ba73-11b10c11dd79_hi.thumb.png.e5c5bd776239be199baa786c7e14fe46.png

screen_e0704db2-af7e-473c-8c78-62d80b674883_hi.thumb.png.ab56b9d4d05616ac4822b60febaf1ded.png

Raven Rock is certainly a tasty lick.

Contribute by adding to this thread.

List the object within the game and the corresponding name with history.

• Upvote 1

Raven Rock has always been there but had never noticed.

During the day and night Raven Rock is peering down, with stern sapience, deciding the worthiness of the traveler.

screen_cf6f3051-d5ee-416d-b0ef-99431295d489_hi.thumb.png.1651edc4a8af4e1558d094f0e354feb4.pngscreen_71bd69dd-7494-408d-a693-1eb73d429a2d_hi.thumb.png.15c8d17a32c5504b611bf619545eb051.png

Like it has sat there for four hundred years.

edit:

Found that there was a wolf that spawned inside the Lighthouse. 

Beacon seemed like an appropriate name.

Edited by Ice Hole

3 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

I believe you're thinking of Scruffy.

Oh wow, so I guess we really have lost Fluffy... I never knew for sure.
Wait... I thought Scruffy was in the Ice Cavern.  Well damn...

...Now I'm going to have to go build Fluffy her own cairn at the summit of Timberwolf Mountain...

Edited by ManicManiac
oops, got a bit off topic there for a moment...

1 hour ago, ManicManiac said:

Oh wow, so I guess we really have lost Fluffy... I never knew for sure, thank you @UpUpAway95.
Wait... I thought Scruffy was in the Ice Cavern.  Well damn...

...Now I'm going to have to go build Fluffy her own cairn at the summit of Timberwolf Mountain...

We have not lost Fluffy. This gets brought up, a ton. I asked Raphael about it on twitter after the update 2 years ago (my gawd, time flies...), and here is his response: https://twitter.com/evilginger013/status/893311638648082432?s=20

The new indoor cave wolf in HRV, in the Ice Caves... some people call it "Sketchy", some of us call her Fluffy 2.0. And yes, I use the pronouns that way intentionally. I believe that is Fluffy's new home. She wanted away from Industry, and moved to the Country. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

On 9/11/2019 at 5:51 PM, ThePancakeLady said:

Got a screenshot of The Lighthouse Wolf? I never met it, in over 3000 hours of playtime. Far as I know, TLW is a myth, never seen a screenshot of it here or on Steam.

Think you are right and seems to be a ghost.

Forgot about Scruffy in the cave in Desolation Point.    The pack seems to be bringing in deer fro him, so when I am on Pilgrim I bring him some rabbit or fish.

I am still hopeful that Fluffy will be back, the other wolf in the ice cave should have its own name. 

edit:

Frosty is what just came to my mind.

Edited by Ice Hole

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/11/2019 at 4:12 PM, ManicManiac said:

I thought Fluffy made her new den in Desolation Point... is that not so?

fluffy died in side the dame as seen at the end of episode two.

We need to find a name for the unnamed pond bear. The one that goes invisible. Like the unnamed bear.

Edited by RegentRelic

I hear by dub the wolf right at the start of drive to pleasant valley farmstead Ronald. I would like to name just because he once manged to get inside the porch area with the door closed. I had droped some meat right out side and was waiting for a wolf to come by so I could ambush them. Well he had followed me all the way and as soon as he got to the meat he stretched out through the window to struggle with me, after got him off he ended up on the roof somehow? I wish i would have got a video but I needed to treat my self and didn´t  have any antiseptics so I had to go find some lichen. In other words it wasn´t on my mind at the time. 

1 hour ago, RegentRelic said:

We need to find a name for the unnamed pond bear. The one that goes invisible. Like the unnamed bear.

A friend and I have always just called that bear "Spirit Bear".

But "Fred" works too.  ;)

Fun thread from the Steam forums on the name of the wolf in HRV: https://steamcommunity.com/app/305620/discussions/9/1726450077623652655/

Edited by ThePancakeLady

If we are talking about the one by above the many falls vista I usually call him "that dame bear that keeps me from my supper."

see haven't gone to hushed river valley (or HRV as the as all the kids are saying these days) except for single region challenges and I wall ways seem to die because that bear is in the way of my food.

• 2 weeks later...

I like to give names to all of the corpses I encounter. Whenever I see them on a run, I say hi. The most common one for me is the guy in the Camp Office, and I believe he was the first one I encountered when I started playing. I call him "Bob". What's up, Bob? No please, don't get up.

This guy is in HRV, always in the same cave and always has a prybar next to him. I call him "Richard Prybar".

305620_screenshots_20190907083819_1.thumb.jpg.f95daaf0db7374c6ed5627f61e43495b.jpg

• Upvote 3

Not enough coffee in me yet to search over 5000 screenshots looking for Hacksaw Harry. I know I have one, tucked away somewhere, but... just waking up after a nice long "nap". 

I'll hide the image I do have, since it comes from Whiteberry's maps, and is a bit spoilerish for people who have not played much in TWM. But yeah, This guy often had a hacksaw for me, which is how he got his name. Not sure about on Interloper, never survived very long in Loper on TWM.

Screenshot_3.png.7de29a061dee4e71b10082dabe766c12.png
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/11/2019 at 7:35 PM, ThePancakeLady said:

The new indoor cave wolf in HRV, in the Ice Caves... some people call it "Sketchy", some of us call her Fluffy 2.0. And yes, I use the pronouns that way intentionally. I believe that is Fluffy's new home. She wanted away from Industry, and moved to the Country. 

Fluffy died in side the dame as we see in wintermute.

On 12/3/2019 at 8:22 AM, RegentRelic said:

Fluffy died in side the dame as we see in wintermute.

Sorry, no. This has already been answered, so many times.  @ThePancakeLady posted the only answer that matters, straight from Raph. Check the Twitter link.

On 9/11/2019 at 6:35 PM, ThePancakeLady said:

We have not lost Fluffy. This gets brought up, a ton. I asked Raphael about it on twitter after the update 2 years ago (my gawd, time flies...), and here is his response: https://twitter.com/evilginger013/status/893311638648082432?s=20

Hide contents

8 hours ago, jhickie said:

Sorry, no. This has already been answered, so many times.  @ThePancakeLady posted the only answer that matters, straight from Raph. Check the Twitter link.

Fluffy may be confirmed as not dead, but it was never confirmed where exactly she was. The only evidence we went off of was the wolf in the ice cave appeared alongside her disappearance. 

10 hours ago, MarrowStone said:

Fluffy may be confirmed as not dead, but it was never confirmed where exactly she was. The only evidence we went off of was the wolf in the ice cave appeared alongside her disappearance. 

True, all we know is Fluffy was relocated, per Raph's tweet. Some of us call the wolf at HRV Sketchy, some of us call it Fluffy 2.0, some of us have made up our own name for it as well. One thing's for sure though, Fluffy isn't dead. :wolf:

Raph likes to watch us debate these details, he almost never gives us hard facts. 😄

• Upvote 1