Sensitivity too high when aiming with rifle

nenquel

Hello,

it's simple, when you right click the aiming sensitivity is incredibly high.

Without aiming I can move my mouse approx. 10 cm for a 180 degree turn. When Aiming 10cm is enough for multiple full rotations.

When aiming at a wolf I always have to aim with the little white dot then rightclick-leftclick without moving the mouse to hit a shot. There is no chance to aim properly while holding the right mouse button.

What's your mouses dpi? The one i have here at work is fairly low and the aiming is fine for me. My home Computer is running at 4600 dpi and aiming is fine as well. I can normally just twitch my wrist to do an 180 with that mouse. If your dpi is high the aiming will be very sensitive to your movements, if its low it will take more to aim. If your dpi is low and your still doing 180/360 turns with a twitch of the wrist then we can try and look into it. It's a little difficult to though as all mice are different.

Jeremy

3600 dpi, i play with very low resolutions in all fps games thou. Well the primary problem for me is not, that it is not possible to set a fine-granulary sensitivity if you using a low sensitivity ("Slider at 3%? Way too low. Slider at 4%? Way too high!" -- Just scale it down by 10x and give finer granularity!), but that this setting is totally not taken into consideration while zoomed with a rifle. So you have to first zoom in with the rifle (provided, you've found it), set your mouse sensitivity with the slider and then go from there. (Which means for me, when you are using the UI to manage stuff in your inventory, i have to move the mouse a meter to reach stuff)

What's your mouses dpi? The one i have here at work is fairly low and the aiming is fine for me. My home Computer is running at 4600 dpi and aiming is fine as well. I can normally just twitch my wrist to do an 180 with that mouse. If your dpi is high the aiming will be very sensitive to your movements, if its low it will take more to aim. If your dpi is low and your still doing 180/360 turns with a twitch of the wrist then we can try and look into it. It's a little difficult to though as all mice are different.

Jeremy

I use a 3500dpi mouse (Razer Deathadder). In-game sensitivity is set to 1% (I would set it to 0.5% if I could... cs:go player here, i like low sensitivity in-game). Windows is set to 6/11 (normal, no acceleration).

The issue does not seem to be the sensitivity during aiming. One can aim somewhat when moving the mouse slowly (like glacier slow). The issue seems to be mouse acceleration! When holding the right mouse button and moving my mouse with a normal speed aiming becomes impossible.

Archived