Freeze dried and other sorts of foodstuffs

Willy Pete

These have probably been touched on before, but how about freeze-dried meats, eggs, milk, fruits/veggies?

While in their dried status and kept indoors, these items last an incredibly long time (though when left outdoors, not so much). However, if eaten in their dried status they drain a significant amount of water like salty crackers. There is, however, the option to reconstitute them by sacrificing some water. For stuff like meat and eggs, this would probably mean a little bit of water loss, but not nearly as much as when they were dried. For items like milk and fruits/veggies these would give some of that water back.

Freeze dried goodies are a solid choice for survival foods, I'd imagine the good people of Great Bear would partake in their share of freeze drying food.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Neat idea. I know some people will say that changes like this aren't necessary, and they're probably right. But I'd love a small change like this that would just add a bit more variety and choice to the game. I'd probably end up saving these long shelf life foods to take with me when I go exploring :) 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Powdered eggs and milk have been around for a while in the real world. 

I´d love to see reconstituted scrambled eggs, or powdered pancake mix, or a tin of Bird´s custard (mmm, peaches and custard...). 

Yeah, nothing useful about pancakes or custard. (sigh) But, a girl can dream.

I´ve often wondered where all the instant noodles are on the island. Or those soup-in-a-cup powders. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

I'd say this can be relegated to the public when mod support is introduced.  While I would love to have more variety of foodstuffs just for roleplaying purposes, in terms of adding value to the game, more food options really contributes nothing considering the time it would take to create it.

So I'd say leave this one up to the modding community once that door is opened.  @ThePancakeLady will probably create a Breakfast Overhaul mod or something :P

• Upvote 1

I'm always onboard for pancakes.

As for the rest... I feel like we have more than enough food variety in the game... adding more would definitely be a nice touch, but ultimately not really nessisarry.

Also, it seems to me that a big draw back to adding more stuff to the loot table would likely be the increased scarcity of any one particular item on that list.  That is to say the longer the list, the lower the odds of finding any one particular item on that list.  :D

:coffee::fire:

Edited by ManicManiac
Corrected Typograhical Errors
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kristaok

I have always advocated for more food options! so it has to be a YES from me! Also I wish we could at least get a can of veggies to go with them Pinnacle Peaches!!!

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/12/2019 at 3:13 PM, MrsHoneypot said:

Powdered eggs and milk have been around for a while in the real world. 

I´d love to see reconstituted scrambled eggs, or powdered pancake mix, or a tin of Bird´s custard (mmm, peaches and custard...). 

Yeah, nothing useful about pancakes or custard. (sigh) But, a girl can dream.

I´ve often wondered where all the instant noodles are on the island. Or those soup-in-a-cup powders. 

Yes to noodles.  people love noodles. 🍜

• Like 1