A most convenient bear kill

Serenity

I rarely get this lucky:

Bear.thumb.jpg.8a40a11a6a0b0945b5cea298dde9408d.jpg

First day on Timberwolf Mountain :)

I didn't even know the bear came this close to the mountaineering hut. He was literally right in front of the door :o Not hard to shoot him a few times and wait for him to bleed out while ducking inside. When he ran too far away I lured him back. Unfortunately it was too windy to harvest him fully, but I got the hide I'm really interested in. The guts may be nice, but I will be gone before I can eat the meat

Also, the moose is hanging around the landing gear

Edited by Serenity

• 1 month later...
On 9/1/2019 at 1:51 PM, Serenity said:

I rarely get this lucky:

Bear.thumb.jpg.8a40a11a6a0b0945b5cea298dde9408d.jpg

First day on Timberwolf Mountain :)

I didn't even know the bear came this close to the mountaineering hut. He was literally right in front of the door :o Not hard to shoot him a few times and wait for him to bleed out while ducking inside. When he ran too far away I lured him back. Unfortunately it was too windy to harvest him fully, but I got the hide I'm really interested in. The guts may be nice, but I will be gone before I can eat the meat

Also, the moose is hanging around the landing gear

Nicely done! I've been spending some extended time in TWM, love this place. That bear usually comes to the lake but I don't think I've ever seen him that close to the Hut! Reminds me of my hunting sessions at the PV Farmhouse. It's pretty convenient when the food delivery service comes right to the door.

Bear Hunting at the Farmhouse - part 1

305620_screenshots_20191008122518_1.thumb.jpg.6f6313045d4c3526be1f78bbd71cf994.jpg

Bear Hunting at the Farmhouse - part 2

305620_screenshots_20191008123252_1.thumb.jpg.03ac6030d4eb3cce4c415cbf7320b51f.jpg

I got that same bear on my second day in TWM, but it was quite the battle. Took 3 arrows, and he died halfway between the Hut and his cave. Dragging quartered bags that far sucks, and it really sucks when a blizzard starts. I had to spend 3 days off and on getting those things back to base, harvested, and cooked. 

I have a moose roaming around near the landing gear as well, but my first attempt scared him off and now there's a mean blizzard raging. Started up as soon as I added coal to my fire, TLD can have a sneaky sense of humor lol. He will probably be gone when I check on him tomorrow.