Tips for Faithful Cartographer to share

StandardFare

Hi!

I've just completed Faithful Cartographer achievement, and while the experience is still fresh in my mind, I'd like to share some tips to help other players seeking the challange:

• Get the list of locations to map from the forums, wiki or steam and convert to a checklist, then print or put it on your phone.
  • As you map a location, check it off the list right away.
  • The location trigger texts do not need to fully be within an uncovered circle of the map. It counts even if part of the text (barely visible) overlaps with the black part of your map.
  • If you need to reload for emergency (bear charge etc.), don't forget to uncheck the recently mapped locations that you will need to repeat.
  • After completing a region, double check your list before proceeding to the next region. This will save you having to revisit multiple regions if you double check only at the very end, when you *think* you're done, but are disappointed when the last location didn't yet trigger the achievement.
  • Some icons do not get revealed when mapped from within a car.
  • Some locations have a same named Icon and Location Trigger to map. Make sure to know those beforehand, so you don't miss one of the two (especially mountain town has several such locations).
  • Most icons for the region exits are inaccurately and confusingly named "Icon - Leave XY Region" on the list, but infact are for example named "To Ravine" in the game. These  exits are usually a two-headed arrow symbol, but not always (can be a cave symbol for example). Simply determine the number of exits there are in each region and compare with the list. The types of exits that transition into open space can be tricky to map. Stop walking just before the cursor shows for example "Leave Pleasant Valley", then take a step back and map.

Good Luck!

\Nick

• Upvote 3

• 8 months later...

Now with the new in-game automatic location tracking system introduced in the Fearless Navigator Update, the Faithful Cartographer achievement will be slightly easier to complete, as it no longer requires crossing out the locations on an external list.

• Upvote 1

Hi there, my problem with the Faitful Cartographer Trophy is: I cant Map some location trigger like,

Mountain Town
Location Trigger - Spruce Falls Bridge
Location Trigger - Paradise Meadows Farm
Location Trigger - Crashed Plane
Location Trigger - Cave (North)

Hushed River Valley

Location Trigger - Landslide

Location Trigger - Many Falls Vista

Bleak Inlet

Location Trigger - Last Resort Cannery
Location Trigger - Fallen Lighthouse
Location Trigger - Echo One Radio Tower

Maybe I have to map it in a special place?

I´m playing on PS4

Any Tips?

I am having the exact same issue that Fifty is -- it appears that this patch, location triggers don't appear in places where there is also an icon. I say this patch, because I have locations from before the current patch with both icon and location trigger - but newly mapped locations post-patch, they simply don't appear.

Now, this is either a bug related to the new mapping mechanics, or Hinterland consolidated the icon and trigger locations into just the icon. But I doubt it's the latter, because there are still many places that still have both. And also, Hinterland would surely put that in the patch notes.

I'd appreciate any and all help, but right now, I simply think location triggers are broken.