Well it was nice while it lasted....

ajb1978

So I used to be in the habit of timing a fire and letting it burn out such that the meat would be cooked, but not yet "in play".  That way when you first pick it up, it enters the game at 100%, making it a great way to leave yourself a little bit of food at a safehouse to get re-established if you move back after some time away.

Weeeellll I don't know when it happened, since I've actually been playing GTAV for a while, but I picked up my survivor mode game today and discovered that the venison I'd left behind in Desolation Point had decayed to 50%.  I'm level 5 so I can still eat it, but sadly it appears that this trick no longer works.  C'est la vie...I guess I'll just have to eat frozen venison left behind in the snow like a normal person from now on.  Or more likely just get in the habit of stoning a couple rabbits on the way from A to B.

• Upvote 1

Learned about this two months ago and I gave it a try.  Very decent method for preserving food I thought even if it was a little exploitey.

What if the cooking paused will offer a similar preservative?

screen_e6f277b5-7591-4d85-a0d2-2d542a75c9de.thumb.png.0e3bc21a31e3bcefc36141a257395ed1.png

Edited by Ice Hole