I love Hushed River Valley

odizzido

I have finally made it to Hushed River Valley, and I must say I am impressed with it. It looks great, I very much enjoy exploring it. I love how when I entered it I could get a nice high up view of where I was about to go, that was a great touch. I really like all the detail in this new region. Great job everyone involved.

One thing I also quite like is that the caves(that I have seen) are colder if it's colder outside. I very much like the extra feeling of realism there as well as the extra sense that they may not be 100% safe, temperature wise, if it gets cold enough. It makes me want to prepare for cold nights which is very cool. I would love it if houses were similar, and I think it would be very cool if we could heat houses with fire....like have a house warmth bonus that goes up and down depending on how hot fires are compared to how cold it is outside. Anyways I am getting off topic.

So yeah, awesome job everyone involved. I am loving this region :)

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, odizzido said:

One thing I also quite like is that the caves(that I have seen) are colder if it's colder outside. I very much like the extra feeling of realism there as well as the extra sense that they may not be 100% safe, temperature wise, if it gets cold enough.

This is actually true of every non-explorable cave.  Explorable (meaning there is an area transition involved) caves and mines however, once you get farther underground, have a constant ambient temperature a bit above freezing.  This is also consistent with real life, as deep underground the temperatures are pretty consistent year-round.  I particularly enjoy the western network of ice caves, because it has a nice bio-luminescent cavern that is well-lit 24/7 and makes for a great base.  Plus it is just a short climb up the rope to an exit that deposits you near Monolith Lake.  If you manage to bag a moose up there, you can lug your kill back to the cave and instead of taking the rope down, just walk right off the edge.  Hug the left side, and a series of short drops will carry you safely to the ground.  No need to make multiple trips up and down the rope.

• Upvote 1

aww I found something I don't like about the new zone :( I need a hatchet to get past certain places, but I've always found hatchets to be a waste of resources to make so of course I don't have one :( What's really awful is that it's this small bush that is blocking me. My character can scale down an 80 degree cliff completely safely but can't get past a bush or step over a stick.

On 8/19/2019 at 2:28 PM, odizzido said:

aww I found something I don't like about the new zone :( I need a hatchet to get past certain places, but I've always found hatchets to be a waste of resources to make so of course I don't have one :( What's really awful is that it's this small bush that is blocking me. My character can scale down an 80 degree cliff completely safely but can't get past a bush or step over a stick.

I just imagine the bushes have lots of thorns and would injure you and tear up your clothes.