Trappers Homestead lights

Guest Marcurios

Guest Marcurios

It has lit windows at night, yet when you go inside everything is pitch black..
Either make the stove always burning or dim the lit windows at night please ?

Pretty petty, IMO since they are obviously using the exterior views from Wintermute.  In survival though, I don't want to find any "always lit" areas.  I'm the only one on the island, so a stove continuously burning makes no sense, not to mention how much easier it makes it to have a constant fire source for cooking and boiling water without having to expend a single match.  So, I would vote for total darkness in that case... but "fixing it" should be way, way, way down on their priority list, IMO.

This came up in another thread not too long ago, and my response here is the same as it was then.  Either leave it alone (because it doesn't impact the game all that much, especially if you don't spend any time around Trappers at night), or double down on the change by making lit windows apply to EVERY location that has a spot for an indoor fire.  And by all in, I mean all in.  If you have a fire burning upstairs in the Mystery Lake Camp Office, the upstairs windows would show light, but the downstairs ones remain dark.

But this is way down on the list of priorities IMO.  I'd rather have a bear spear, Episode 3, new Survival regions, wildlife, craftable storage, more craftable clothing items, etc.  But if they have like one guy whose sole job is to make non critical aesthetic tweaks...maybe.

Guest Marcurios

it's really easy to make it dark, i construct game meshes myself in Unity and other game engines, it would be a 1 minute job to darken the windows.
just put it on the list.

and don't give me the 'petty" remark, if you have nothing better to say then don't say anything at all.

31 minutes ago, Marcurios said:

it's really easy to make it dark, i construct game meshes myself in Unity and other game engines, it would be a 1 minute job to darken the windows.
just put it on the list.

and don't give me the 'petty" remark, if you have nothing better to say then don't say anything at all.

I gave you my vote... I vote they make all the windows dark.  I don't want continuous lit fires inside buildings in the survival game.  It makes no sense and it makes it too easy to avoid using matches, which are a key limited resources in this game.  It doesn't bother me that the windows appear lit from outside and it's dark inside since, in Wintermute, that particular cabin is inhabited by Jeremiah.  I do feel that my having lit fires always available (for example, at Grey Mothers) they are making Wintermute too easy, but I accept that they want to guide the player to those locations in order to interact with the applicable NPC's.  I also accept that the two modes of the game share maps and that minor amount of incongruity is not an issue for me at all.  I don't sweat the small stuff.

Seems to me that this has no real impact on the game at all.  However, since the discussion has been raised again here is the summary of my previous thoughts on the matter: 

If the Team want's to change it, they will... if they don't change it, it doesn't matter at all to me.  Either way it's not going to have any impact my enjoyment of the game.

Edited by ManicManiac