Weapon idea

CORBS_YT

@CORBS_YT
I personally think we have all the weapons we need in this game (with the Bear Spear possibly coming to the Survival Sandbox), and I really don't think we need any more firearms.  The one's we already have cover all the bases.  I wouldn't want the game to turn into some kind of survival version of duck hunt.  :D 

• Upvote 3

Yes we have all the weapons needed to survive, what we need is some end game in survival, 100+ days need something new cause it kind of gets boring when you reach a certain point of survival.
Need a new goal oriented system after reaching a certain amount of days...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, XDBarlowDX said:

100+ days need something new cause it kind of gets boring when you reach a certain point of survival.

Not for me, as I mentioned in another thread:

I personally don't think there is a late game problem.  I do think there might some issues with late game "expectations."  Which to me is not the same thing.  I'm sure there are plenty of people who will disagree with me (and that's fine) but I just ask those folks hear me out:

I think anyone that has spent long periods of time in isolation/lone subsistence will attest that coping with the mundanities of survival can be your biggest challenge.  There is no "happily ever after" or "congratulations you win!" in survival mode and I would suggest there shouldn't be... After all death is the eventuality, no mater what.  Be it because we've given up, or due to tragic circumstances (most often brought on by our own bad decisions).  I really like the idea that once we get proficient with our survival tasks, that it's really up to us to find creative ways to just live in Great Bear on our own terms, and for how long.  If one really feels the need to face the near death struggle again, we can always start a new run... or walk away from our "comfy" set up and go on a death march to some other desolate zone and work on getting set up again (only this time without the luxury of finding all those lootables - since we already took them all). :D 

Now to reflect on those other points of view... for those who do feel, "I'm good at survival, but there is nothing left I can think of to do..."  Perhaps one solution for the "maybe column" might be to have the Old Bear make an appearance in survival mode (after 500 days or 1000 days or whatever) and be that "Tireless Menace," constantly hunting us down... where our only viable defense is to evade, to run for our lives.  Maybe just like in The Hunted challenge, occasionally cross our path to harass and try to eat our poor survivor...  I don't know, it's just a thought.  Like I said before, I really don't see any "late game problem," but I guess I just have a very different way of looking at the whole picture of Survival Mode.

This game is a lot of things to a lot of people and I respect that, this is just a little bit of my point of view. :) 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

People regularly hunt with shotguns, no reason it would ruin anything. In any case, I'll disagree with OP. I do like the idea of a single-barrel shotgun, and I made a post about it some time ago, but we've already got a short range defensive tool now: the revolver. Just a sawn-off shotgun isn't in my cup of tea.

• Like 1