Habit?

hozz1235

Habit?  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I tend to pick a starting area (most of the time ML) but I do mix it up every so often.  I don't have a set route for which zones I visit in sequence, but once I do enter a zone, I tend to fall into a familiar looting route - I guess so I can make sure I don't forget any locations.  Predictable?  Yeah.  Guess I enjoy planning and predictability!  I'm getting too old for stress 😆

Edited by hozz1235

I start random but then eventually fall into the same areas and this is mainly for the reason you stated below @hozz1235 After so many runs it easy to forget what you have and haven't looted so being able to go, okay the ML lookout tower is looted so that means everything minus the Dam is at least looted. 

1 hour ago, hozz1235 said:

I tend to fall into a familiar looting route - I guess so I can make sure I don't forget any locations.

I find where i go tends to be dictated by the fact that I need a forge to make knives and arrows so I can actually do stuff in the game. Once that is done I will typically wander around. In my current game I am heading towards the new region. Hushed river valley? I am not quite sure how to get there yet so it has taken me over a week of real life time so far. I would play more but I have limited time right now so it takes a while. I am sure if I played more I would have familiar routes that I follow. I simply don’t have the knowledge to optimise that way. 

I've been playing Interloper lately so I start random but always end up following the same looting pattern . But before that I played Voyageur and I always played all the new regions as they were added and tried my best to master them. So I would always try to start a game on the new region and give myself a 50 day challenge to stay there without leaving . 

I voted "Start in a random area every time" because it's probably the closest to what I do. I actually don't let the game choose an area for me randomly, but I'll say "Hmmm, I want to start in Pleasant Valley this time" — and though I am a guy, I won't always choose the male survivor character either. Then, once I start a new playthrough, I don't always follow the same looting routes. I try to keep things interesting... Sometimes I even take the 'scenic route' from a place to another, and not necessarily the most effective way to go from point A to point B. I think it helps me to avoid playing on auto-pilot, so to speak. 🙂

I also selected "random area" for lack of a better match.  I mix up my starts, although many are not random and I mix up my looting patterns.  I make up little challenges (similar to the newspaper boy one that others were playing here) to help me focus on changing up my routines.

I try to mix things up a bit now and then, but there are simply routes that are more efficient than others. You try to minimize your time in the cold and loot as quickly as possible so you naturally fall into the same patterns.

Where you can mix things up is the order of regions you visit

• 2 weeks later...

I start random map and I have a pretty good idea about where the best home base locations are on each map so I generally stick to those. But I approach each game differently usually depends on what I can loot in the first couple weeks. If there's something I'm missing, my priority for the game becomes finding or crafting those certain things so each game is a bit different. The variation in loot spawns helps keep things fresh for me.

Started playing a few months ago. Switching between Survival and Challenges, did the Story inbetween.

For Survival I set my own goals (collect x rifles, survive 100 days without killing an animal, get all skills to 5 etc). Never establish the same home base(s) as in the game before.

So far I'm playing on Voyageur, going to Stalker soon. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Eylhardt said:

Started playing a few months ago. Switching between Survival and Challenges, did the Story inbetween.

For Survival I set my own goals (collect x rifles, survive 100 days without killing an animal, get all skills to 5 etc). Never establish the same home base(s) as in the game before.

So far I'm playing on Voyageur, going to Stalker soon. 

Good luck!  I like the mixing it up.  Watch dem wolfies.