bow dissapeard during bear attack

redfish

I heard a bear and ran into the nearest cave , it followed me in and attacked, I managed to shot a couple of arrows in it , anyway after barely surviving this I noticed by bow had now disappeared  !   I looked everywhere in the cave, all I found was a fishing tackle?!   
Is this something that can just happen, sometimes?  is the bow stuck in the bear or something  (I haven't found it yet if it bleed out somewhere)

h

I know you may drop a weapon in an animal attack , so it's possible your bow is on the floor near where you were attacked by the bear. Sometimes items have a glitch where they can't be seen just look for the white dot in the middle of the screen indicating there is an object to interact with. 

On 8/11/2019 at 5:50 PM, Ahatch said:

I know you may drop a weapon in an animal attack , so it's possible your bow is on the floor near where you were attacked by the bear. Sometimes items have a glitch where they can't be seen just look for the white dot in the middle of the screen indicating there is an object to interact with. 

good tip! I'll try to get back to the cave and take another look, if I survive that long... I think it must have glitched into the rocks somehow.  When you drop something on purpose it always lands correctly on the ground so it's difficult to understand why this would happen though