Floor Clipping and Shimmering Pixels

Bodhran777

I was wandering through Milton on survival last night and ducked into the post office for a look.  When I tried to move behind the counter, I totally clipped through the floor and began falling.  Looking up, I could see the layout of the post office as I fell, and then suddenly I was back standing where I was right before I stepped off the "ledge" without damage.  Did it a few more times for science, and the same result happened each time.  Fall distance wasn't too far, but I'd say I dropped a good quarter mile down before getting reset.

Also, as I was moving through the transition cave between Milton and I noticed a noticeable amount of pixelation around some areas of light beams and the exit of the cave to Mystery Lake.  No gameplay effects other than cosmetic, but it was something I never spotted before anywhere.  Anyone else seen either of these things happen?

Clipping through the ground is rare, but does happen.  I've never known it to be repeatable on demand though.  If you can use F8 to grab a screenshot, so your coordinates are displayed on the screen (preferably AS you are falling), that can help when filing a bug report.  The game has a built-in failsafe to where if you freefall for like 5-10 seconds or somewhere in there (a thing that can't happen unless you clip through the ground and fall into oblivion) you are automatically teleported to a specific location in that area.

That second one doesn't sound like anything I've seen before. Although in that same cave one time, randomly the cave simply didn't render graphically.  I turned a corner, and this whole section of cave was just a featureless void, and I could see on the other end of the void where the cave continued.  I turned around, turned back, and everything was normal.  Really wish I'd grabbed a screenshot but it all happened so fast.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I'll try to repeat the issue the next time I'm back in Milton and grab a screenshot.  Wish I would have thought of it before I left the area, but I was really fed up with the local wolf population at the time and wasn't thinking.  

Sounds like you got a brief cross-game visit from Hermaeus Mora, minus the eyes and tentacles 😁