TLD Trivia

ajb1978

Inspired by the TLD Riddles, I did a deep dive into the game and came up with some trivia questions.  These are all sourced from the game's material.  I'll check back on this in...I dunno.  A while.  And we'll see who gets the most right :)

1. In what decade was the railway line blasted through the Mystery Lake region? 
  2. What is Mr. Barker's first name?
  3. Great Bear Highway is officially known by which highway number?
  4. Who tossed an apple core over the edge of the cliff, in Milton Park?
  5. After the collapse of the North American banking system, besides cryptocurrency such as Bitcoin, what other major currency became the standard medium for trade?
  6. What model of solar panel did Mr. Barker use?
  7. Where did Sarah Easton work?
  8. What was the name of the pastor assigned to St. Christopher's Church?
  9. What is the average altitude of the Mystery Lake region, in meters above sea level?
  10. Who wrote the book "Medicinal Plants"?
  11. Who made the decision to officially close down Carter Dam?
  12. What day of the week was the prison bus scheduled to arrive at the prison?
  13. How old is Steph Longmire?
  14. In what year was Carter Dam first built?
  15. Who is Dan Presnell's supplier?
  16. What month and year did Milton Credit Union cease operations?
  17. In what year was Milton's dirt road replaced with a paved highway?

May the odds be ever in your favor.

2. Martin

4. Anika Longmire

5. Nuka Cola bottlecaps...?

8. Father McGill

10. LL Kramer?  Hard to read the name sometimes.

11. Robert Clarke?

12. Tuesday?

14. 1960s

15. Better Food Vendors

16. September 2012

Mostly guesses.  Nice little quiz here.

1. 1920's

2. Martin

3. 60

4. Alice?

5. Chinese Yen (Or is it Yuan?)

6. okay bud

7.  Signal Hill

8. eh...

9. 2300 (guess)

10. Brian Cold (?)

11. The manager at the time

12. Thursday

13. gonna guess 22

14. 1960

15. \*_*/

16. September 2012

17. 1980 something

• 3 months later...

Well this thread never really took off so I guess I'll just post the answers!

1. In what decade was the railway line blasted through the Mystery Lake region? 
    1. 1930s
  2. What is Mr. Barker's first name?
    1. Martin
  3. Great Bear Highway is officially known by which highway number?
    1. Highway 15
  4. Who tossed an apple core over the edge of the cliff, in Milton Park?
    1. Anika Longmire
  5. After the collapse of the North American banking system, besides cryptocurrency such as Bitcoin, what other major currency became the standard medium for trade?
    1. Chinese Yuan
  6. What model of solar panel did Mr. Barker use?
    1. BK1
  7. Where did Sarah Easton work?
    1. Signal Hill
  8. What was the name of the pastor assigned to St. Christopher's Church?
    1. Fr. Francis McGill
  9. What is the average altitude of the Mystery Lake region, in meters above sea level?
    1. 1200
  10. Who wrote the book "Medicinal Plants"?
    1. LL Kramer
  11. Who made the decision to officially close down Carter Dam?
    1. Robert Clarke, CEO
  12. What day of the week was the prison bus scheduled to arrive at the prison?
    1. Thursday
  13. How old is Steph Longmire?
    1. 10
  14. In what year was Carter Dam first built?
    1. 1962
  15. Who is Dan Presnell's supplier?
    1. Jim Galveston
  16. What month and year did Milton Credit Union cease operations?
    1. September 2012
  17. In what year was Milton's dirt road replaced with a paved highway?
    1. 1960

I completely missed this topic, not that I knew any of the answers. Are these things learned by reading gravestones? Computers during auroras? The apple over the cliff question really intrigued me. Now I am curious about searching out the answers to these.

1 hour ago, Hilayla said:

I completely missed this topic, not that I knew any of the answers. Are these things learned by reading gravestones? Computers during auroras? The apple over the cliff question really intrigued me. Now I am curious about searching out the answers to these.

Play both Story and Survivor modes, and be very thorough.  Read every bit of lore, complete every quest, capture every buffer memory, read every tombstone... There's a lot of backstory present, to those willing to invest the time to find it.

For the buffer memories, I recommend a Custom mode game tuned to be as easy as you can make it, with auroras at maximum frequency.  Otherwise...yeah...you're gonna be at it for a very very long time.

Well, I am just 7 days into a new Pilgrim game to try for Faithful Cartographer and to get myself in the habit of "journaling" before going to sleep at night. Might as well try for all the buffer memories while I'm at it along whatever other stuff I might be missing. Should really see what achievements and such there are instead of being surprised every time I earn something. :D

15 minutes ago, Hilayla said:

Well, I am just 7 days into a new Pilgrim game to try for Faithful Cartographer and to get myself in the habit of "journaling" before going to sleep at night. Might as well try for all the buffer memories while I'm at it along whatever other stuff I might be missing. Should really see what achievements and such there are instead of being surprised every time I earn something. :D

Be prepared for a lot of frustrating days ahead if you want to collect all the buffer memories.  If a specific location has 5 memories, every time there's an aurora you have a 20% chance of getting any one specific memory. They don't cycle through in order.  And by default, an aurora occurs about once a week on average, so best case scenario you can expect to be at a single location for 5 weeks before you finally collect them all.   Or maybe you'll get 4 of the 5, and then get nothing but repeats for three straight months in a row before #5 finally pops up. Just keep at it, keep slugging away, and you can eventually pull it off. But your quest to obtain all buffer memories will take hundreds of days, easily.  It's a good way to keep busy while working towards the 500 day survival achievement.  And doing a little cartography/cairn hunting during the day is a nice alternative to simply passing time.

Oh, see, I forgot about the 500 day thing too. I had noticed that about the buffer memories and while in Milton I usually run from place to place real fast to check the various locations in a single aurora so that can help if you are fast and avoid the wolves. No idea how aurora wolves will act in Pilgrim but I guess I'm gonna find out. Someone in the forums here called Pilgrim a "cabin life" simulator and I like that description. I kinda like the animals running away because then I actually have to hunt them instead of vice versa. Now if I can keep away from insta kill zones and not fall into any crevices while mapping I might just get this done. :D