Survival Game Modes Compendium

dbmurph22

Hello fellow freezing friends.  I wanted to start a topic that is basically a request - a one stop list of the better community known survival experiences/modes/initiatives.  Of course we know what's in the game in terms of pilgrim/voyager/stalker/interloper for survival (and of course story mode and challenges), but I've heard many other custom modes and ideas.  The ones that come to mind first that I've hard are Sleepwalker, Deadman, and Snowball Stories.  I know the first two are custom modes that are even more difficult than interloper.  The latter I think is just a moniker given for an Interloper run series.  So that doesn't really count.  But, I'm not just interested in a list of custom game modes (but of course it is maybe the main one), but also any ideas for group plays with custom goals, or any other community initiative to play a certain way or at a certain time in survival.  I haven't seen a list, but If I've missed, then apologies.

Ideally it would be a list with each item having a short description of the defining characteristics following.  I can maybe later either edit this or add another post putting them together.  TLD has a great community and I look forward to hearing more about this.

-Murph

• Upvote 2

Thanks Rancid - these have been a big help.  I've even watched a few playthroughs of some of them.  Bits and pieces.  Good stuff.  Thanks again for posting.

Trying to think of what all could have been done with the survival/ sandbox mode besides base difficulties, custom settings, and these challenges.  I guess maybe you can put in some sort of arbitrary narrative overlay.  Maybe I'll think of something else, but these have been helpful.

If you or anyone think of more, please keep popping them in here.

• Like 1