Quizmech - Peaches FTL

Looper

34 minutes ago, rancid0 said:

i know it's not "my turn" but,

I walked from Jackrabbit Island to the Quonset and looted all the loot inside... 30 seconds later i was back at Jackrabbit Island walked backed to the Quonset and looted it again. How did i do it ??? 

Hmm... it can't be as simple as having started a new game and spawned at Jackrabbit Island, can it?

• Like 1

Not my turn either, but here's a good one.

I exited the Quonset garage, and five seconds later, I was by the Ravine transition.  I did not load from a save, I did not quit and start a new game, and the game did not crash.  How did this happen?

57 minutes ago, rancid0 said:

did you bug out and fall through the ground somehow ending up at the ravine transition?

Yup!  It was years ago, well before the area was overhauled into "Quincey's Quonset", and occasionally when exiting the garage you would fall through the ground.  After several seconds of freefall with no impact, the game's failsafe kicked in and teleported me to the transition zone.  Every region and interior location has a spot where if you do bug out and fall through the ground, after however many seconds of freefalling, it just teleports you to that spot.

A little inconvenient having to walk alllllll the way back home, but meh.  Beats losing the save.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Looper said:

I'm an animal - you eat me

You can't scare me with fire

I can be found in all maps

I can't be shot with the flare gun

Most interlopers fear me but will "use" me

What am I? 😀

Are you a dead deer?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Looper said:

Great guess! Gents

However indeed you can shot a bear with a flare gun and no interloper fears a dead dear. :)

Here's one more clue:

I'm a fish but you can't catch me  😅 - as in you CAN not ;)

Dead deer don’t attract wolves?

1 hour ago, Rashad82 said:

I must have confused a wolf feasting on a kill for an already-dead deer.  Still, that seems like a mechanic that one day might be real...

There is a scripted incidence of a wolf feeding on a ravaged deer (where the ribs are showing) in Wintermute.  That's the only time I can think of when I've seen it.  When a wolf feeds on a deer it just killed, the deer appears intact.

44 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

Not my turn, but anyone want to take a turn at guessing the sequence of events leading to this screenshot?

The Long Dark (2).png

You shot the wolf with a pistol, didn’t get a crit, fought it off, then killed it with a second pistol shot, and the body glitched at a strange angle?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Looper said:

I think it its the taxidermy-thing. You shot the wolf close to you (charging) and it entered melee. After winning the struggle the wolf is in full birth taxidermist position. 😅

You both are dancing all around it.  There's one piece of information you're missing though.  Hint:  At this point, is the wolf really there at all?

2 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

You both are dancing all around it.  There's one piece of information you're missing though.  Hint:  At this point, is the wolf really there at all?

guess its dead and frozen :)

• Upvote 1

Just now, XaldinVii said:

You got in a struggle with one wolf and took everything so the body despawned. Then another wolf came along in the same spot.  

Another correct bit, but still not quite right.  Shall I give "wins" to all three of you and piece together the sequence... or does someone still want to take another guess?

I shot this wolf with a pistol some distance away from this point (while it was eating a deer).  I followed the blood until I lost it behind a rock close to this location.  I jumped me, despite being in Pilgrim mode and I fought it off with a knife (which would not leave the blood spatter under the wolf).  It was in such low health that it died instantly with the first stab of the knife and without injuring me (at least on my status screen - no bites or sprains, although the picture shows my blood and my health is a little lower than it was before the attack) and it glitched in this unusual stance.  I then harvested the wolf which created the blood spatter beneath the wolf... and the body did not despawn for quite some time (no idea why).  So, wins to everyone who guessed, even hozzl because that's the first thing I thought of when I was taking the screenshot.  Kudos all!!

Edited by UpUpAway95
  • Upvote 2