Expanded Custom Menu

michaelyork777

Various new Custom Menu Settings, including but not limited to, High End Clothing Items On/Off, Bedroll On/Off, Knife and Hatchet On/Off, Stim On/Off, Min-Max Predator Sliders, 

*Earthquakes On/Off, Min-Max Blizzard Duration, Predator Aggressiveness Over Time None-Very High, Min/Max Player Kill Carcass Duration, Outdoor Meat Taken by Predators On/Off

Wolf Baiting Probability None-High, Rope Break Probability None-High/or Rope Degradation, Wolf Spawns in Interior Caves None-High, 

*Provided Earthquakes are ever added to the game

• Upvote 2

I would love to see sliders. Like deer population from 0-100%, 1% meaning you would see a deer like once a month. I also wouldn't mind seeing an option for realistic food...as in you're not eating a bear every week. I think having wildlife be much more rare but also much more valuable would be interesting.

Also I would like an option to have the highest end items spawn but very rarely. Currently I never see any of the neat items and have little reason to explore because nothing I find will be worth anything. If I set the loot higher so I can see those items then I am swimming in loot. Sliders could solve this too. Max loot value at 100% and loot probability at 1%.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

We already have a game that is more customizable than we could have ever hoped for... but we still have people clamoring for more.  They will have to draw the line somewhere, not every little nuance of the game can be optional...

While this is certainly true, it can be useful to hear what aspects of The Long Dark people would like to see be customizable. Everyone is going to have a different optimal play experience and while we can't promise to ever accommodate all of them if there is a significant amount of support behind something it will at the very least be considered.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1