Earthquakes

michaelyork777

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Scrolling through the Wish List and saw this, and found it interesting because this is exactly how they open up paths in Episode 3.  Every time a new area needs to be unlocked, an earthquake hits, to explain why the terrain has changed.  For example the tree bridge that lets you get back down from the Burned Ridge Cave, if you go directly there at the start without having the quest telling you to investigate the crash, that tree is not there.  Also if you make a beeline for the mine, a tree has fallen across the road making it impassible.  The earthquake at the end of the episode coincides with the removal of this tree.

As a core element of survivor mode, I think this would not be a good thing, as it directly infringes on the player's freedom of choice.  However it could make for an interesting Challenge mode.  You spawn in one region, and must survive x many days in just that one region.  And then set animals to NOT respawn.  You have to try and make it all last until the next earthquake, and then you can proceed to a region with fresh supplies.

• Upvote 4

Guest kristaok
3 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

As a core element of survivor mode, I think this would not be a good thing, as it directly infringes on the player's freedom of choice.  

I have to agree.