Hounds of Hell

littlefox1970

HELP! lol

Well, I'm loving the new version- lovely fires, that fade out dramatically - graphically symbolic of our eventual demise and fall into the long dark.

I am also loving the inventory screen- great work there Hinterland! Easy to use and manage tasks with- helps tremendously!

...But please return fluffy to his normal terribly ferocious yet not completely obsessive-psychotic-zombie from hell ...?

Quonset is just impossible because of this... :( I'm playing in Voyageur ... but it feels like stalker!

I just spent a couple days in the Quonset Hut on Stalker, and I have to agree - the coastal townsite is just silly now. Through experimentation, I found out if you time it right you can still throw flares at the wolves running towards you and either get them to stop, or flee. It doesn't work every time, but I've done it 3-4 times now.

Simple tip from Stalker: only exit on the backside and immediatelly start running straight ahead, most of the times no wolf will notice you (if you don't have raw meat on you that is). Go straight up the hill on the side of the trail that runs behind the area and get a clear picture of the situation, then you see how to escape the place.

But more important: don't camp in the gaz station but in the hut left (when facing the frozen sea) up the hill, wolves only come up there when they are after a dear, so win:win ;) Gaz station is go in and out, fast. But only after you have checked that there are no wolves near the station. Otherwise see tip above :D

The patterns for the wolves seems to have changed, at least in the areas I've been through since the update in Voyageur. I was immediately set upon by a pack of two when I left the Misanthrope house en route to the new map. Ran back in, waited an hour and they left. In contrast I walked right through the town site on CH with no wolves at all. Then two more were there to chase me near the abandoned tower. I spent the night there, then fled. Had one ambush attack on the new map, but otherwise I'm seeing them grouped in packs of 2-4 wolves. The good part is they're easier to avoid. But when you shoot one, you sometimes bring the others down on you. I recently shot one off a deer. It fled, and the other came out of the bushes to attack me. Ended up mauled but with a deer and two wolves to cook.

If you want to set up shop in the quonset, try this experiment. Cull the pack in one go. If the AI is like it is on the PV map, they'll be gone from there for weeks.

I just spent a couple days in the Quonset Hut on Stalker, and I have to agree - the coastal townsite is just silly now. Through experimentation, I found out if you time it right you can still throw flares at the wolves running towards you and either get them to stop, or flee. It doesn't work every time, but I've done it 3-4 times now.

Sorry, Highlander- somehow I missed your reply---

Just wanted to say thanks for the encouragement - good to know that all is not lost :) Smart idea...ill give it a go ...

Little Fox~

The patterns for the wolves seems to have changed, at least in the areas I've been through since the update in Voyageur. I was immediately set upon by a pack of two when I left the Misanthrope house en route to the new map. Ran back in, waited an hour and they left. In contrast I walked right through the town site on CH with no wolves at all. Then two more were there to chase me near the abandoned tower. I spent the night there, then fled. Had one ambush attack on the new map, but otherwise I'm seeing them grouped in packs of 2-4 wolves. The good part is they're easier to avoid. But when you shoot one, you sometimes bring the others down on you. I recently shot one off a deer. It fled, and the other came out of the bushes to attack me. Ended up mauled but with a deer and two wolves to cook.

If you want to set up shop in the quonset, try this experiment. Cull the pack in one go. If the AI is like it is on the PV map, they'll be gone from there for weeks.

Do all Dirty Hairy on them. I like it.

Archived