Caribous!

Skelegutplays

So it would be cool to have caribous in the game. As they migrate alot IRL i think it would be good if each map had 10-30 "zones" for caribou. They would travel in packs of 3-6 and would stay in a zone for 8-24 ingame hours and then leave and go to another zone on the map. If you scare off caribous from a zone they are in they would not return there and you would have to find the herd again. When killed they would yield 12-16 kg of meat, 3 guts and a hide. The hide could be used to craft pants of a bedroll. The stats for the pants would be 2.5 celcius warmth, 7% protection, 2 celcius windproof, 2 kg weight and 50% waterproofness. It could be crafted with 2 hides and 3 guts and crafting would take 15 hours with a sewing kit. The bedroll would weigh 1.5 kg but it would have a warmth bonus of 8 celcius. Crafting the bedroll would require 3 hides, 4 guts and 5 pieces of cloth and it would take 15 hours to complete with a sewing kit.

I mean, we already have deer... and moose.  I feel like that's enough.  We already have a very plentiful amount of wild life on Great Bear.  I would agree it would be wonderful to see more variety, but I imagine there is also a question of not bloating the island too much.

I think it's a cool idea.

Maybe you could integrate them into the game by letting them roam through certain areas. For example, a herd of 4-6 animals will go through Mystery Lake and only stays for a short time (1-2 days), while they are changing places in this area?