The ability to 'place' any item.

Obsidian Productions

I acknowledge that probably most people would consider this less of a priority, because it's (unless I am missing something) almost exclusively for immersion over anything else, but I would love the ability to place any object in my inventory the same way you can place food items or the storm lantern. I was setting up shop in the main office on Mystery Lake and found myself wanting to set a toolkit down on a table, instead of just dropping it on the floor or storing it in a drawer somewhere. I think being able to place everything would be awesome.

21 hours ago, FrozenCorpse said:

You can place tool kits, sewing kits, jerry jugs etc. just as you can place a lantern.  Drop it, right-click it, and put it where you want.

What is 'right click' in the context of an Xbox One controller?

Also, and this isn't like a shot or anything, but I'm honestly curious why so many people default to PC when describing a PC/console game. Like, I see it EVERYWHERE, and the response is often, "I'm actually playing it on console, how does that translate?"

7 hours ago, Obsidian Productions said:

Also, and this isn't like a shot or anything, but I'm honestly curious why so many people default to PC when describing a PC/console game. Like, I see it EVERYWHERE, and the response is often, "I'm actually playing it on console, how does that translate?"

Perhaps it's because most people already have a PC and it's easily purchasble through Steam online. So, just download and play (and even better if you're on laptop, very portable). Here's a funny thing though, even though I'm a PC player I have this weird preference for using a controller for certain games. So really I'm just like you asking something like "what's the button for that in my X controller?" 😆

3 hours ago, rancid0 said:

im on ps4 but i think for xbox you select the item with LT and then place it with RT but you have to drop most items on the ground first then move your courser over it, food items can be placed the same way or in the radial.

Yeah, finally found it. It's LT. I can't believe I've been playing this for over a year and never knew that. I don't know if I should delete this thread or not?

4 hours ago, JujuBear said:

Perhaps it's because most people already have a PC and it's easily purchasble through Steam online. So, just download and play (and even better if you're on laptop, very portable). Here's a funny thing though, even though I'm a PC player I have this weird preference for using a controller for certain games. So really I'm just like you asking something like "what's the button for that in my X controller?" 😆

Ha ha, yeah. Although, except for the portable part, it's just as easy to download through Xbox Live. That's how I initially got it, as a digital download.

On 7/26/2019 at 3:39 PM, Obsidian Productions said:

right trigger I believe

On 7/27/2019 at 12:24 AM, Obsidian Productions said:

Yeah, finally found it. It's LT. I can't believe I've been playing this for over a year and never knew that. I don't know if I should delete this thread or not?

Lol this happened to me too. Not sure why it took so long for me to figure out. I'd say keep the thread, since there might be more of us out there who are just too ashamed to admit it 😂

• Upvote 1